The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Carly from a Jersey girl.

I take monthly B12 injections as I had my stomach removed and have no intrinsic factor for absorption.

If you feel you need it chat with your doctor about it.

Again, glad you found the board.:wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Most people loose their stomach to cancer but mine was not cancer, thank god. I had ulcers that they could not heal and no matter what they tried they just kept coming with a vengeance. The doctor now feels it is due to vasculitis, probably microscopic yet they are guessing. They do agree that is is auto immune in nature yet not certain of the exact cause.

The doctor told me once the stomach was gone no more ulcers, WRONG.:mad:
I still battle the beast inside me as my nutrition numbers are now plummeting and a whole new set of health problems are stemming from this.

The ulcers are now attacking the duodenal area of the intestines where the esophagus was attached to the intestine. I remind myself it could be worse, and it could however when I get a flare I get soooooo sick death seems better then the illness.

Anyway, I am glad you found us Carly and you will love it here. Sorry for what brings you here but I am certain you will learn a lot from a great group of people. Join us in the chat room sometime.:wink2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.