1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

It is nice to be here.

This site is very easy to navigate and I still did it backwards! But, now
I entered a profile and would like to learn as much as I can about Lupus.

My diagnosis is now definite SLE and secondary Sjogren's syndrome with
Grave's disease and hypersensitivity to sun.

I have been struggling with accepting that I can not do as much physically as BL (Before Lupus). I am happy, retrained and love my new job. It seems like I can handle working or I can handle the housework or I can handle errands. But, I cannot do any two of these.

Any advice is appreciated!

Carly

each day is a gift waiting to be opened

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
B12?

Thanks for the encouragement!

My Mom always says that I try to do 10 things, get 8 done and
then am hard on myself because I did not get to the other 2!
And that was Before I started having longer and harder flares.

My fiancee has offered to get help with the housekeeping and I do need to accept the help offered. It must be a pride or denial thing. I never really liked house cleaning anyway!

Just wondering if you (or any one else) takes B12 injections regularly?
My levels stay low and now I take an injection once a week. It does
seem to help with the energy issues. If someone else does my questions is
can the injection cause skin rashes?

I went to the dermy dr. on Thursday and he said I have Grave's (?)(sp)
disease. It sounds worse than it is, as it is related to the Lupus he said.

Once I use the cream to tame it down, he said there are new sunscreens (I am allergic to regular sunscreen) that do not have that old harsh white hard to take off kind of cream.

Anyway, thanks again and hope you enjoy the weekend!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jersey!

It is nice to meet you. I hope you do not mind me asking, is your stomach problems related to Lupus or the meds for it? Or perhaps another auto immune diseases?

My grandmother lives in England and had her stomach removed due to cancer (first she had a double masectectomy (sp?)) They basically attached the intestines to the remains. She has to eat almost continually and she too received the injection monthly.

You have to be one tough cookie, thank you for the advice. I am starting a journal, so hopefully I will remeber to take the journal with the questions and observations. with about a 3 month wait for the rheumy you would think I would have plenty of time to prepare!

Thanks again and I look forward to sharing tips and new info.

Carly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.