TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am an oldy here but have not been on for a while... I just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone... Just wanted to let you know what is going on in my life....
My name is Penny for those who do not know me... I have Lupus, RA. and non hodgkins lymphoma... among other things...
I am still undergoing chemo And Retuxan... I was in the hospital on thursday for treatments... I am doing ok...Still fighting and kicking...
I have a new reason to fight.. Our first grandchild was born a few weeks ago... Her name is Abigail Eva and she is beautiful...being a grandmother is everything and more than people have told me...
Our daughter Holly has just got engaged.... So this mom is very happy and has a purpose to even get better... not that I didn't before...With all my wonderful family and friends...
I have been keeping myself very busy with work and volunteer work at the church...
I miss you all and hope to catch up with you soon...
Take care everyone.... love to you all..

Love Penny

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi again Penny and welcome back,

I do remember you from chat a couple of times and had been wondering how you were getting on.

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!! :woohoo: You must be thrilled.

hope to speak soon,
Katharine

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Welcome back Penny!

I can believe that becoming a grandma is one of the best things life has to offer ;) Congratulations!

Glad to hear the treatment is going well and you're highly motivated as always to get better.

Take care...

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hiya Penny :)

Its lovely to hear from you and many, many congratulations on becoming a grandma. Im looking forward to a similar event in October this year ;)

Its great to hear that you are battling along with such positivity and have so much in your life to look forward to.

Much love and hope to catch you in chat soon
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Penny

I am glad to hear that your spirit remains indomitable despite all the trials you face. Congratulations on your granddaughter ! Such a blessing and joy I know.

You probably realise I have been back in the UK for a couple of years now and I sleep like a log so I am rarely in chat after 6/7 PM your time.

Bye for now !
Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Penny:wavesmile:

Congratulations on becoming a grandma, it's a great feeling isn't it?
It's nice to hear you are so happy and coping well. I'm quite new so i've never met you before so...

Welcome

Ann xx

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Penny,

It is great to see you posting.:)

Congrats on being a Grandma. Being a Grandma is a wonderful job.
Welcome to the world little Abigail.:cloud9:

Wow and a wedding to plan too. You will be a very busy lady.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
495 Posts
Congradulations Penny on the new little one!:)
Grandkids are great to have!
Its good to hear from you again!:)
Hope you feel better,and do enjoy that little bundle of joy!

Laura (LWL2002)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Penny :wavesmile: It's good to hear from you again.

Congratulations and welcome to little Abigail! You must be so proud, no doubt she is lucky to have you both as grandparents.

Glad to hear you are still kicking and fighting your illnesses with the gusto you have always displayed. My nephew (26) was diagnosed late last year with NHL and is currently undergoing chemo :( but like you he is a very positive person and that counts for a lot.

Take care and don't be a stranger.

PS what's this about being an old lady :p

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Penny I am so glad to see you finally posting.i have been thinking about you and how you were doing.I remember when you told me your son was just getting married and now wow a beautiful grandbaby now to congradultions grandma and i hope you know we are all praying for you to pull through this with flying colors(((((hugs)).Please keep us posted on you and your health.

Tammy

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Penny :hello: :posy: :hello:

Its really great to hear from you. I am pleased to hear that you are still fighting and keeping very positive.

It sounds like you have been having an enjoyable time what with your new granddaughter and your daughters engagement :congrats: .

Keep your chin up and try not to be a stranger to us, we miss you lots.

Take good care of yourself, love & :wishes:

:hug: Jo :hug:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Penny,

Welcome back! Congrats on the new grandchild and daughters engagement, what wonderful news.
Your spirit sounds as strong as ever, keep on fighting!

Sharon

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello and thank you for all the wonderful replies... I miss everyone so much... and it was so nice to hear from all of you...
I have been forced to slow down a bit this week... as I had to have my heel injected with cortisone and my elbow... I am not supposed to be using my hand but I just can't help myself... Just for a few minutes... I wanted to check things out here...

Take care everyone.

Love Penny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts