The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site and have fought lupus most of my adult life but was not diagnosed until about 15 yrs ago. I'm 70+ and find that lupus is getting more and more difficult to manage. Are there others here in the 'older' age group?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

I am 66, the oldest currently active member up until now :) but I was diagnosed about 30 and I am in medicated remission most of the time.

How does lupus affect you and what medications are you on ?

I am sure you will find the forum very helpful for comfort and support from people who understand what you are living through and hopefully you will get some ideas for medication that will improve your quality of life. Lupus is often undertreated as there are not so many expert doctors and when we don't know what the options are we hesitate to ask for better relief.

Bye for now
Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and :welcome:

I'm afraid I'm only 37 going on 77 but wanted to say hello and welcome any way :)

My mum is 71 and has dermatomyositis with a lupus overlap. She had found that symptoms had eased a degree later in life but is currently in a bit of a flare following my father's long illness and death and does find it quite difficult at times.

Bye for now and hope to hear more from you soon,

Katharine

·
11,410 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the lupus site.

We all can relate someway or another living with lupus. (I am 52)

This is a great site with up to date information and very caring members.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Clare, does seniority bring any benefits? LOL
My main triggers are sunlight and stress, both mental and physical. My symptoms are fatigue, muscle and joint pain, face rash and recently some depression. I take placquenil and prozac. I've gained more control over the lupus since I've simplified my life and learned to avoid people and situations that upset me. It means a solitary existence sometimes but feeling better makes it worthwhile. Fortunately, I enjoy my own company and have lots of calming hobbies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.