TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone!!! some of you already know about me having my surgery!! well i finally had it the 24th/...talk about a booboo :( they let me rest teh first two days then physical therapy came:( ..it was pure torture lol but now a week and 3 days later i'm more independent..except going into the kitchen lol so i rely on my grandma and my sister :) they are awesome!! i'm more mobile and my hip or leg doesnt hurt that much...bad new is..is that my doc said the avn had proggressed so that i would need a hip replacement later on maybe when i'm 20..i'm 16 now !!!! but aneway i'm doing great but no school untl next year so i'm being home tutored so i don't fail 11th grade!!!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Cutiegirl,

I'm glad to hear that surgery is over for now and that you are steadily recovering but, of course, sorry to hear that the AVN has worsened. There are one or two members here who have had to have hip replacements at quite a young age. I haven't seen the ones I know post much recently but there may be others out there to encourage you.

It's great to here you have such good support. It's bad enough having all these things happen but if we didn't have the support of loved ones it would make it so much harder.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you do OK with school depsite missing so much.
Katharine

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Cutie, I am so glad to hear from you. I have wondered about you.
Very Well Done,you have been great. Sorry things have worsened but glad that you are more mobile now, and I hope the Home Ed. goes well.

Lots of Hugs,
Lola x

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Cutiegirl,

I am sure you are glad to have the surgery behind you. Keep doing that physical therapy on your own at home. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I am so glad that your surgery went well and things are coming along.

Good luck with your home school work and I am praying and wishing for a great school year for you next year.

You have come a long way and you should pat yourself on the back for htat. Sometimes things define who we are and make us stronger people.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

i'm glad that my recovery is going smooth..but that otha obstacle i'm not so sure lol.. i guess i'll take it day by day!!..i'm actually fascinated with the stitches although im itching like crazy:rotfl: ...in a way i'm glad i have lupus that way i can be more compassionate to my patients when i become a nurse and maybe a doctor!!!
i wish everyone luck on their lupus and remember...its going to be tough..but its worth it all in the end hehe I LOVE EVERYONE HERE!!! take care:wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts