The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have been registered for a while but kept myself to myself! Whilst I was feeling rough and alone this site especially the message boards helped me so much so hopefully I can help some others. I'm 22 and have been officially diagnosed with lupus for a few years now. At present I am in remission and just on plaquenil. Thanks.

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Gemz,

Welcome to the boards. It is nice to meet you.
You are very right this board is a very warm and caring board. You are not alone.
I am happy that you decided to post.:) It is great that you are in remission.:)

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Gemz :hello: :wavesmile: :hello:

First of all
to the lupus site, i am glad that you decided to post after reading the message boards for awhile.

I am Jo, 32 (33 on thursday), I live in West Yorkshire in the UK, i was dx with lupus May 2004.

Its great to hear that you are in remission, finger crossed :fingers: that the remission lasts for a very long time.

Its a great place to meet others who know and understand what you are going thru. I have made some great friends thru this site, heres hoping you can too.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Welcome!!!

:welcome: :trampo: So glad to have you here, I hope you find thiese boards as helpful as I do. Hope the remission lasts a LONG time. Karly:p

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Gemz and a big warm welome to you :)

I'm so glad that you have decided to join us and even gladder to hear that you are currently in remission - Long may it last!!

I look forward to hearing more from you, bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Gemz and a great big :welcome:

I am so glad you decided to join us, I was the same as you and a little shy about posting for a while. I am Pam from Scotland and diagnosed with SLE in June 2005. For me this forum has helped me gather a wealth of information on how best to manage having lupus. It's a really friendly place too. :)

I am so pleased to hear you are in medicated remission with Plaquinel, I found it a huge benefit and it has helped my skin rashes and joint pain. Since taking it my bloods are so perfect that my docs say if I'd just walked in the door they'd say there was nothing wrong with me!

Long may it continue for you! Please don't hesitate to post if you have any questions - there is always someone that can relate to how you are feeling.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
One great big welcome to you Gemz and i hope you find this support group as much help to you as it is to me :) .I am so glad you are in remission and hope it stays that way for a very long time to:) .

I was diagnosed with sle lupus in march of 2004 and went into remission sometime after that for about 6 months or so then back to flaring again when stress got to me unfortunately but then been good again since i got my meds taken care of or on the right ones should say.You have come to the right place for sure.Lots of wonderful caring people in here to help you through whatever it is you are going through.

Hope to get to know you some more((((hugs))))

Tammy

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Hi Gemz, nice to see you hear, yes i agree this site is worth its wait in gold, hey? just so nice to be able to get things of your chest and to know your never on your own,

like you when i joined i kept quite too, but when things really started everyone was here for me, and like wise, im do glad things are being good for you

fingers crossed it carries on for you, hope to meet you in chat real soon
im Lin ,sorry me being rude, i started in my late 30s with things happening . im now 51...:hehe:

take care Lin xxxxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts