TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here. Been seeing lots of Doc's. Finally saw derm for rash came back for lupus. Been feeling quite bad, hard to walk or move arms hands wrists. Still waiting to see rheamatologist for test results. Only thing i was given was mobic....which does nothing. I'm hanging in there, just some days are worse than others. Right now feels like my fingers were jammed hard to make fist. Hope I got this right, finally figured out how to post something. well can't sit long. Thanks for letting me vent.

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
HI Mammer Welcome to the site you will find a lot of new friends here when were you diagnosed.Where do you come from are you in the uk do you have an appointment for the rhumy.What medication are you on do they have you on pain meds as you sound in a great deal of pain at the moment hope you will keep in touch as you will benfite from allon the site Best Wishes Elisabeth

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
How long is the wait to see the rheumatologist? I hope it's not too long away, because that is the doctor that should prescribe you some treatment for the lupus. One option can get you feeling better quite quickly (prednisone - works within a day or 2) and other options take longer to work but are better for long term use and also appear to actually modify disease activity.

Too bad the dermatologist wouldn't start you on a medication for the skin rash - usually Plaquenil is started quickly as it takes quite a while to take full effect. Generally a minimum of 3 months and often 6 months; occasionally takes as long as 9 months.

There are other NSAID's that you can try in the meanwhile too; can you get into your GP and ask for another one to try if it's been a few weeks and this one is doing nothing?

Vent away, it's definitely needed and useful sometimes!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello

Thank you for listening! Been to a rhemie on the April 7th, She did a lot of blood work, and gave me mobic which doesn't do a thing. I see her on the 28th of this month..feels like forever. I've seen alot of doc's neuroligist, muscle guy, derm.....who told me i had lupus, and now I'm gonna try this rheumatologist. All of the blood work these doc's have done so far came back ok, except rheumatoid factor came back slightly elevated, and muscle guy said I shouldn''t be in this much pain, on a scale from 9-20 my result was 24. Geez so frustrating! Everyone thinks i'm going crazy, maybe i am!right now can't bend middle finger on right hand and index finger on left had, to weird, muscle are aching and so tired out. P.S. I'm from Michigan, still trying to figure out this site!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi again

The rash was on the tops of my arms, the dermatolgist did a b 2 biopsie's on my arm, had the rash for 2 or more months now. But it doesn't look so bad now, it does start itching and then breaking out more and I kinda know i'm gonna be hurting, every night is different never know what's gonna hurt next, is this normal for lupus? Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I would guess you're pretty close to getting on some medication for lupus,
or whatever your rheumy decides is the most appropriate diagnosis. Just one more week to wait!

You may want to ask if they've tested you for Lyme and/or other tick borne illnesses. I think MI has a moderate infection rate for those types of things too. Pain can flit about quite a bit in a lot of illnesses, autoimmune and tick borne illnesses.

Good luck and I hope you'll write back after your rheumy appointment follow up to let us know what has turned up, and what treatment you get started on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts