The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I have just found this website today and wow, at long last I don't feel as if I'm going mad! When I started to read the different threads I just sat and cried, I do that a lot these days. I have been battered about from one department of the hospital to another and still no answers, I was in hospital last weekend with chest pains so now I am waiting for a scan on my heart and an endoscopy, I am still waiting to see a rheumatologist after the neuro doc finished with me and now my own Doctor said I have some raised markers in my blood test but he didn't say what and I didn't think to ask, I am in pain all the time, my hair is dropping out, I have to sleep apart from my husband because of night sweats, I am very depressed, I now have a rash across my face and I am just very very tired all the time. Gosh I feel better for that rant (sorry but my friends and family seem fed up of hearing me winge) There is only so many time you can get told it's all in your head before you feel like screaming, Well I'm off to bed now I've got that off my chest. Night night:)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Jazzy, Welcome here. It is quite busy so there is usually something new to read.
I am sorry you have been told it is all in your head. I remember the Night Sweats well, mine are nothing like as bad with treatment.
I wish you a lot of luck and hope to hear more about you. I am a long time lupus patient with a few other conditions too. I don't work,I am on Disability.
x Lola

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hello Jazzy and welcome!:wavey:

Its a terrible feeling when people dont believe you feel what you feel. I had a hard time getting people to listen too..it took 3 years before I finally began treatment.

I hope they find some answers for you soon. In the meantime, this is a very welcoming place to read, talk and YES, even RANT when needed! :screamin:

Hope you get a good nights sleep!
Sharon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your welcome, I must say my own doc as been very good but it did take me saying "could it be lupus as my mum had it" for him to arrange the blood tests. It took 8 years for my mum to get any answers but she had a lot of problems by the end so Ive decided to be a pest now and keep going till I get some answers. I am 51 now but I can remember when I was 15 and feeling vey strange, I had a load of allergies and had to be put on steroids for a while, ever since I have had times when I would be ill for a few weeks at a time but the doctor I had at the time thought I was making it up so I didn't have to go to work. Looking back it's true what they say about hind sight, if I had known then what I know now I would have changed my doctor a lot sooner than I did! Anyway on a lighter note I had a not too bad a night, the fan was on most of the night but I did get some sleep!!!
Bye for now
Jazzy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts