TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. I'm glad to have found this board.

I was recently diagnosed with degenerative arthritis and they suspect lupus too. My ANA came back positive, along with elevated liver counts. The good news that came back is negative on rheumatoid arthritis.

This is a bit scary. The doctor said it would take months to get a referral for a rheumatologist. Hopefully it won't take that long.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hello Di Verse and welcome to the site

I think you will find a lot of support from the people on this site.. I know I have. The have a wealth of knowledge and experience that they can share with you.

I hope that you get to see a rheumy soon so that you can start treatment.

Take care

Claire
xx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Di,
Welcome here. Are you in the UK? I am wondering if it would be quicker for you to go to a Rheumy in another Health Trust. Please also remember that you need someone experienced in Lupus, not all Rheumies are.
Wishing you all the best.
x Lola

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Lola. Thanks for the welcome. I am in the US. Thanks for the tip about making sure the Rheumy is experienced in Lupus. I expect the referral to come next week, so I will find out then what my options are for a Dr. Hopefully it won't be too hard to find one.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi Di Verse,

Welcome to the site and I hope that you get to see the doctor sooner but even than it may take awhile for a dx. You may have to get some patients if lupus is what you have because I am not sure and of us have high gear any more lol. You should be thinking of questions to ask the doctor so that you know he is the one to take care of you. I try to remind new people not to settle for a doctor find the right one and a good one it is your health they are working with. I hope to see you in the chat room sometime, and do post if you have questions or learn something new about yourself.
Nice to have you hear,
Tammy

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Di and so nice to meet you. Sorry about your diagnosis but you have found a great place for support and information.

A wonderful book for those just dx with Lupus is "The Lupus Book" by Dr. Daniel Wallace. You can get it on Amazon or in Barnes and Noble. It is a must have and well written in layman terms.

I have a sister in West Palm Beach and my mom is down in Florida 6 months out of the year.........LUCKY DOG!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am going down for 2 weeks to visit in mid January and can not wait to leave the cold and dreary Jersey weather behind me.

Sure hope to get to know you better and do make sure your Rheumy is experienced in Lupus.

Join us in the chat room sometime. Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts