TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My name is Sue and I have a 14 year old daughter who has SLE. She has been diagnosed since she was 12. It is an awful illness which does not get the recognition that it should.

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Hi sppot, think your absolutely right. Hope she's doing ok. I am relatively new here but I come in and out. I have a 19yr old daughter so I understand that maternal anxt. Everyone is great here and the information is amazing

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Sue,

Welcome to the forum. You are correct, Lupus does not get the recognition that other diseases get even when it is more prevalent. Each of us in our own way has to spread the word and fight for medical advances.

I hope both you and your daughter will find the site helpful. The members here are more than willing to share their experience and knowledge. Don't forget to visit the chat room. It is a great way to meet others dealing with the same problems you are facing. We do have some mother's with children that have Lupus that drop into chat from time to time.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Sue, I have Lupus, so does my Daughter nearly 18. It is not an easy illness for youngsters. How does your Daughter manage socially? Just getting to school often leaves them with no energy for friendships. I hope the school are understanding. Is your Daughter alright with her illness or does she try to cover it up? As a Mum it is hard for us to get the right balance between caring and fussing!
x Lola

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Hi Sue,:welcome: to this wonderful site, i hope it helps you and your daughter, so sorry she is so young its a horrible disease i agree
hope we can meet in chat sometimes, you take care

Lin xxxx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

Im very sorry to hear that your daughter has been diagnosed at such a young age. You must be very worried about her.

Im glad that you found this site however as you will find lots of support, advice and good, factual information about this disease here. How is your daughter doing at the moment? How is her Lupus affecting her? If we can be of any help please let us know and we will do our best to advise and guide you.

Take good care for now. Love to you and your little girl

Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome to the sight Sue and hope you find it to be helpful to you and your daughter.I am so sorry to hear she has lupus((((hugs)))at such a young age.I have a niece that is 17 years old and the doctors are saying because of some of her labs she has lupus.It just makes me so sad to hear of some one so young to have to deal with this awful disease.

If you have any questions you can go ahead and post it and someone is here to help you.

Tammy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts