The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Have been lurking for a while and though I'd join, although I don't yet have a diagnosis.

I have recently seen a rheumy and am awaiting the outcome of tests for symptoms indicating possible sjogrens, lupus, vasculitis and reynaud's.

I am "quadra plugged" as I have had dry eyes for such a long time now, but I never knew (and no-one ever told me) that painful joints, dry mouth, fatigue, sun sensitivity, rashes, mouth ulcers, allergic reactions to insect bites, etc, etc could indicate something that needed medications.

I am not on any medication and I feel "rubbish" most of the time. I went to the doctor, to start this journey, as my arms, hands and feet were numb to the point I was waking up. I would kill for a good night's sleep at the moment :lol:

Anyway, not sure if I will be diagnosed with any of these things, but if something is positive I actually can't wait to get some suitable medication as I am so tired of feeling tired and sore!

Anyway, that sounds like a complete whine - Hello :lol: xx

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hello chloe, nice to 'meet' you. The site is very friendly with loads of info. Sounds like something auto immune is going on. I hope that you get answers soon. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Take care

Deb

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
Welcome to the site Chloe.

Good luck with your test results. Hopefully they will indicate the cause for all your symptoms.

Did the doctor refer you to a neurologist to check out the numbness in your hands and feet?

Feel free to ask any questions you have. We are more than willing to help if we can. We all remember what it was like to be limbo without a diagnosis of any kind.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Chloe and welcome to the board.

I am glad you decided to join us and stop lurking cause now you can really get to know all of us. Strap on your seat belt because you will have a lot of fun here.:lol::lol::lol:

I do hope that you get some answers through the results of the blood work and please let us know the outcome once you find out. I also agree that the numbness warrants a visit with a Neurologist.

Join us in the chat room sometime and I hope you like it here as much as I do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi Karol - I have had the nerve conduction test recently and that said I was "borerline" carpal tunnel.

Ok, so how does that work with my feet?

·
4,436 Posts
Hiya Chloe.. I had my carpal tunnel on right hand operated on a year before diagnosed with MCTD, wonder now if it was more to do with my auto immune system than the carpal tunnel on its own.... oh well:) Hope you get some answers and some pain relief etc very soon.. thank goodness you are on the trail of some answers, not knowing is very difficult and you put up with far more than you would let your loved ones put up with... take care and welcome.
Claire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts