The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i just got diagnosed with lupus and it has taken 3 years for them to diagnose it. i don't know much about the disease but i am looking it up on the internet everyday and i just happen to fall upon this site and i am very happy that i did now i can see and talk to people with the same problems i have and to know that i am not alone!:)

·
11,410 Posts
Hi and welcome to the lupus site.

You have found a great site with up to date information and very caring members.

Learning about lupus will give you the knowledge that you will need when discussing with your doctor about a a treatment plan.

It is a roller coaster ride of emotions when we first get diagnosed. Relief that you have a name with what is wrong with you. Then wishing you didn't really have it.

Take care and have a good look around the site.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Kat and welcome to the boards.

I am sorry for what brings you hear but happy that you found this place.

The support and knowledge you will get here is awesome and we all understand what the other person is going through.

A good book that in my opinion is a must have.....The Lupus Book, 4th edition by Dr. Daniel Wallace. It is written in lay man terms and is really helpful especially when first diagnosed.

What medicine have you been put on for your Lupus? I am hopeful that your not suffering too much and that your lupus is mild.....fingers crossed.

Please join us in the chat room sometime. Hope to get to know you better. Kick up your feet, browse the site and I promise you that what you learn here by reading will be very helpful.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Knowledge is power. Good luck to you moving forward.

·
4,445 Posts
Hello and Welcome to a site full of kind, intelligent people with a sense of humour and a wealth of experience... speak again soon.
Claire X

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. It is a very friendly and informative site, where we can gain much support from people who truly understand. Diagnosis is a tricky time, we experience a wide range of emotions. Please feel free to post any questions you may have.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the site ! :)

You have been lucky to find this site and the forum because I think it has outstanding information for lupus 'beginners' and unrivalled experienced patient information as well of course support and encouragement. The time after diagnosis is often very difficult with wondering what the future might hold and making medicine choices as welll as learning to cope, apart from absorbing the fact of diagnosis which is a blow even if it has been expected.

I suggest getting familiar with your own case : why you were diagnosed basically, by getting copies of blood and other test results and learning about them. Litllel by little you can built up a body of information about your own lupus and have a good foundation to absorb more info as needed.
There is an overwhelming amount of information about lupus much of which will never affect you so it's unnecessary info. At first it is hard to absorb.

I wouldn't buy books until you are already familiar with the common phrases and general ideas or you risk being very scared and swamped.

A lot of the info on line is misleading and some is out of date and wrong. There is also very dangerous information put out by people who want to make a profit by selling snake oils and miracle cures and magic diets.

We have another member living in Medicine Hat! :) Perhaps you will be hearing from her. Take heart dont scour the web just ask whatever you want here.

Bye for now
Clare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.