The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps

I'm a newbie here.....I've been on prednisone for 11 days now after struggling with flare-ups for almost 2 years. It's so comforting to know that there are other people right here that know what it's all like....the frustration being in pain and others just not getting it....the 'ol "well you look fine, we all have aches and pains...must be in your head !" I'm determined to keep a positive mental attitude and fight this beast. :rotfl: One day at a time!!!

Take care!!!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hello

A big warm welcome to you :)

you have a great attitude & that certainly helps living with this disease!

I agree it is very comforting to know that you are not alone dealing with this & there are others who truly empathise because they are going through the same!It often feels like I am reading about my own life when i'm reading other members posts .

don't get me started on the whole 'you look fine' issue :grrr::hehe: I will be here all night :hehe: It's one of the most annoying things about the disease & very frustrating that we have to try & justify ourselves to others all the time :rolleyes:

I hope the pred is bringing you some relief.are you on any other meds for the lupus?like plaquenil/hydroxychloroquine?

I hope you enjoy being a part of the forum
take care,bye for now..karen x

·
Registered
40 Posts
nice outlook

hello micsandbox, im new here also. i like ur optimis, i wish i had it, sumtimes i do, most times i dont. im on pred as well for about 3years now since ive been diagnosed with SLE @ 16. im glad i found this site. im already feeling less depressed and alone. its comforting to have ppl to talk to that will actually understand. take care.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Hello mics,

Welcome to The Lupus Site. I am glad you are finally getting some relief from the active disease. Prednisone is a med we both love and hate. I just finished a 10 day run or prednisone a few days ago and it helped to squash down a flare I was having. One day at a time is one of the only sane ways to live with chronic illness like lupus. I also like to find things I am grateful for each day and especially when I am having a bad day.
This site is a wonderful place for support and encouragement.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

I want to welcome you to the sight.It is a wonderful and supportive place yo come and get imformation for just about everything you need to know about lupus or things that go along with it.

i do know what you mean about people telling us we look just fine :mad: so you must be okay.I sure hope the prednisone does help you through the flare and quickly to.If you have any questions we will try to help you out.Hope to chat with you soon.

Tammy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thank you to all of you who responded....I appreciate the support. I have been on the meds for 2 weeks now and have had some improvement with my symptoms. I was supposed to check back in with my Dr. today, but I was notified that she had an family emergency and is out of the country...doesn't know when she will be back.:sad: I just don't know who to talk to about if I should continue with the prednisone or what, and I hate to start over again with another dr. I'm sure it will all work out.
Thanks again and have a good one!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
There should be a doc on call or they can give you the name of someone to have a phone consult with regarding what to do with the prednisone. Was it prescribed as a short course (with a quick taper?) or are you still on more than 5-10 mg? Were refills written in?

If you don't know then I'd recommend calling them again asking for someone you can call regarding medication questions. Prednisone is a drug that you should stay on for short term and get off quickly - or you stay on it for a while but need a very slow taper. You really should try to get direction on that if at all possible...

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts