The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am off to see Rheumatologist tomorrow, but my symptoms are so mild and diverse, that although I'm taking plaquenil and had the prednisolone, I have not been fully diagnosed yet. I am hesitant to go to the GP with symptoms arising, as I feel like a hypochondriac.

In the last 18 months, I have felt really run down, although I haven't had a malar rash in about 4 years! At that time there were no other symptoms, although in the last 18 months, I have developed "malaise", joint pain (hands), joint stiffness, a positive ana result, blood on passing stools etc etc, but still can't get that diagnosis. At the moment she is calling it overlap connective tissue disorder, but I'm fed up!

I have used up all my annual leave being sick as I can't afford to lose my job, and my weekends are a wipe out, as I tend to try to catch up with the stresses of the week by just doing nothing - if I go shopping, that's about it. I also have a ten year old daughter and feel really guilty about it all.

Did anyone else have a "slow start"?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Estherann, welcome to the site. I'm fairly new here too, sorry you are having a bad time and I hope your appointment with the rheumatologist goes well. I have two sons, one nearly 6 and one nearly 2, and there are days when I don't feel like doing much either, so I know how you feel, but fortunately I don't work. I'm sure your daughter understands that some days you are in pain and can't do much. Are you on your own, do you have family/friends to support you? I can't offer much help, but wish you well, take it easy......

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the site.

I think that many here have had a slow start at a diagnosis and have read some people it being years before a diagnosis.

I think the important thing though is that you are being treated. You are lucky as some people cannot even start treating without a diagnosis.

I would definitely mention all of your symptoms and not feel bad about doing so. It is important for your rhemo to know these things. I try not to even bother with my gp as everytime i go there, it is "because of your lupus" and sometimes it is not. So if something arises, call the rhemo.

I wish you luck tomorrow and let us know how you make out.

http://www.gifs.net/image/Words/Welcome_Signs/Changing_colors_2/3472

·
Administrator
10,198 Posts
Hi Estherann,

Glad to see you have joined us. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. You should make a detailed list of all your symptoms no matter how small to take with you. That way you won't forget anything.

I understand your need to collapse on the weekends. I used to do the same thing. The only things I did were to get ready for the next work week. It was hard hearing about everyone else's weekend adventures on Monday morning.

Hopefully the Rheumatologist will get to the bottom of things.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts