The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm Immi, Lola/Dawns daughter.

I'm 17, got APS and SLE, among other things... ummm... I was doing business in college but had to drop out for my "health", I like music, for example: Nirvana, The Dresden Dolls, Wednesday 13, Breed 77, Blue October, Alice in Chains, Mortiis etc etc, I read lots, don't watch TV, except for the last 3 seasons of Doctor Who and Torchwood, I do poi and fire poi, play bass guitar, make clay models, like cats, tattoos, piercings, want to open a shop selling inscence in a few years time...

I think that's about it, so hello :)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Hello & Welcome! It's nice to meet you and I hope you have a very successful business in a few year's time ;)

I'm currently a stay-at-home mom to my 3 year old daughter. I'm hoping to return to work someday, but I'm just not well enough at this point to do that. I only have SLE but do also have anti-cardiolipin antibodies (but thankfully no major clotting events yet!).

Welcome again!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hello Immi :wavesmile:

A big warm welcome to you!!

I'm sorry you have to deal with so much at such a young age :sad: how does your lupus/APS affect you?

you certainly keep yourself busy immi :) I am curious though what is poi??
my daughters & I watch doctor who together,they love it!my friends partner is absolute double of david tennant,it is really uncanny!his mannerisms as well as looks :eek: :hehe:

I hope you enjoy being a part of the forum..we have a few young members here but I'm sure your mum has already told you that :)

take care,look forward to hearing more from you
karen x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Immi
My name is Jackie and I'm fairly new to this site as well. Just wanted to say hi. I think I need to get out more as I think I've heard of Nirvana but as to the rest of them ..... Who?!? Anyone remember Abba, Wham or Boy George!!!:lol:

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Immi :)

Lovely to meet you :) I've heard about your from your Mam. Compared to you, I'm what could be colloquially called 'an old bat' :hehe: I too was once 17 years old though :lol:

My music connections lie in the 70's and 80's - my favourite decades. In the 70's I was into Hawkwind, Yes, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young, The Rolling Stones, Bread, Neil Diamond, Wings, David Bowie, Meat Loaf, Queen......okay I'll stop now. You can look them up through Google ;) ;) :hehe:

Hope to talk to you soon
Cheers
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Big Hug Immie I've heard a lot about you.

My son has just bought an Alice in Chains live CD and is subjecting me to it on car journeys so my sympathies to your family:rotfl:

Hoping your starting to feel a little better.
I'm glad to meet you.:shake:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Immi,

I too have heard about you, and you were there with Mum kind of participating in chat the other day :)

I'm also rather old and creaky, at the grand old age of 35 :hehe:
There are quite a few young people who come on here but maybe less often than us oldies - Hang around for a while and you'll see them popping up from time to time!

all the best,
Katharine

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Welcome Immi:

We are so happy to have you among us. I won't tell you how old I am am, but I like Allanis, Alice in chains, and Evanessence....I like older stuff too. You sound like a well adapted young woman, have you considered continuing your education online? This way you could keep up on your studies at your own pace.

I too have SLE and APS.

I don't get into chat much, but I hope to meet you there sometime.

Welcome again - Stephanie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Maia, thanks for the welcome :)

Hello Karen, well it's rather lame, I'm tired and achy all the time, and always have some sort of infetion or illness, but I least I still have both legs :) this is fire poi www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=2IjdnMvBW_A I'm quite good at it, except I can't do it for that long as my arms tend to give way quite quickly.

Hi Jackie, don't worry, no-one is really expected to know them, lol, I don't have particularly mainstream tastes.

Hey Joan, I've seen David Bowie and the Rolling Stones live, David Bowie was better though I must admit. I love Bread, when I was smaller I'd steal my dads bread tape and listen to it in my room :)

Hey BigSis, trust me, there is a lot worse music in the world, like the kind of stuff that gets played on the Smash Hits channel :rotfl:

Hi Katharine, yeah, I tend to bother mum a lot at night as neither of us sleep that early, so I do seem to get somewhat ingratiated into things like chats :)

Hello Stephanie, I've been meaning to do a distance learning course of psychvology, but I just haven't been able to yet, to be honest though, I don't think qualifications prove much except what you remember of that subject at the time if the exam.

Thanks for the welcome everyone x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Welcome Immy,

I love the idea of an Inscence shop - it brings back distant memories of Glastonbury and my hippie days!! Do you have many tattoos and piercings?

My kids love the waves at Shaklin, what a lovely Island to live on especially in the Summer.

Love Lesley

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks :) Not as many as I'd like, lip twice, nose, ears, top of ear and belly button, I've had more but they've had to go for some reason or another, as for tattoos, just one on my foot, but intending on more.

It is a nice place naturally, but it's so astoundingly boring in the winter, everything is closed or cold, summer isn't great either, the buses are always hot and packed out, spring, on the other hand, is great down here :)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Immi and a belated welcome but sincere all the same !

Poi looks fascinating I had never heard of it before and spent a happy half hour looking at the clips on Facebook. That lead to another half hour looking at funny IQ clips and then somehow onto clips from Parkinson and then .. well two hours later .... .
I am so old I have been through both daughter and now granddaughter asking in total amazement how I come to know the words of the Beatles songs. Granddaughter asked me the other day if I knew that TV had once been only black and white. On the whole I miss up to date music now my teenagers are long gone.

I hope you'll be feeling better soon and can find happiness even when you are feeling low.

Hugs
Clare

1 - 12 of 12 Posts