TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
I've been diagnosed with SLE (Lupus) in December 2008.... been on Statutory Sick Pay since October 2008 with no gaps inbetween. My SSP is now due to end in May 2009 and my Doctor will not allow me to return to work and i'm starting to worry i will have no means of money after this and I will loose me house....

I already get Housing Benefit but not enough to cover the full rent and I also have to live, but with no cashflow what do I do...

I'm asking for advice on help now as I am still not accepting I have lupus and now on depression tablets to help with this

Please help.....:sad:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there and welcome :)

I have just deleted your other post as it would only be confusing to have the same post that appears twice.

Could you tell us what country you're living in, then it will be easier for people to give advice based on more "local" knowledge.

bye for now,
Katharine

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Riochooch do you still have a job or are you giving it up if you have been of sick for 12weeks then you should try and get.Incapacity Benefit as long as your doctor is still giving you sick notes then i think that you can try for that.If your doctor does not want you to return to work again then you can also apply for Disabilaty Living Allowance.And care Allowance.The forms for these Benefits are long but you can get help to fill them in.How is the lupus affecting you day to day can you give us a little more info or if you want you can pm me and i will get back to you All The Best Elisabeth

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My SSP runs out tomorrow, technically I still have a job but my Consultant more or less said on my hospital visit yesterday that I will never return to that job or should not return due to high risk of Infection (I am a Senior Nursery Nurse). My medication has not been working recently as still in the early stages following diagnosis 1st December 2008. I'm now on Plaquenil and Azathioprine tablets along with my depression tablets.

I feel good somedays (those days are Rare) and likes of today I can barely be bothered to dress myself. I sleep a lot but stay awake through the night half the time, I worry it will only get worse as i'm only 25. I get a lot of bad headaches, irritability, frustration and sadness.

I worry I will loose my home due to not been able to pay for anything and that I can never return to my well paid job.

My SLE came as a shock but I have had bad health possibly since a Baby and it's taken to now to tell me what it is. I have a positive diagnosis. My SLE is so far affecting all my joints, I have high antibodies and get checked by my consultant at the hospital every 8 weeks (every 2 weeks I get my blood monitored).

It has affected my life in so many ways as I was so active and well off with money (well I got by better than now). Now I feel old before my time and so skint it makes me cry all the time.

WHAT CAN I DO?? PLEASE HELP:worried:

·
11,405 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Learning to live with lupus is a very difficult to do. It is such a roller coaster ride of emotions.

Depression is common with people with chronic illness. How long have you been on them? Maybe need to adjust the mgs?

Lupus affects my joints too. Are you on any nsaids?

On those days that you feel good, do you try to get a lot of things done or take it easy? We have to remember to not over do.

Take care,
Lyn

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. I would be looking into disability very soon. You should be talking to the doctor to see if he would be willing to help you with this. I wish you all the best. Let us know if there is anything we can do at the site to help you any more and if you need to talk we are all here for you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
do u think your meds are workin and are the docs treating you well dla is a good option and if you av morgage dhss pays your interest after 12weeks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meds not working correctly yet, still in stabilisation. I have tried for DLA and got turned down straight away.

What should I do to appeal or re-try for DLA?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Riochooch

RIOCHOOCH25;543001 said:
My SSP runs out tomorrow, technically I still have a job but my Consultant more or less said on my hospital visit yesterday that I will never return to that job or should not return due to high risk of Infection (I am a Senior Nursery Nurse). My medication has not been working recently as still in the early stages following diagnosis 1st December 2008. I'm now on Plaquenil and Azathioprine tablets along with my depression tablets.

I feel good somedays (those days are Rare) and likes of today I can barely be bothered to dress myself. I sleep a lot but stay awake through the night half the time, I worry it will only get worse as i'm only 25. I get a lot of bad headaches, irritability, frustration and sadness.

I worry I will loose my home due to not been able to pay for anything and that I can never return to my well paid job.

My SLE came as a shock but I have had bad health possibly since a Baby and it's taken to now to tell me what it is. I have a positive diagnosis. My SLE is so far affecting all my joints, I have high antibodies and get checked by my consultant at the hospital every 8 weeks (every 2 weeks I get my blood monitored).

It has affected my life in so many ways as I was so active and well off with money (well I got by better than now). Now I feel old before my time and so skint it makes me cry all the time.

WHAT CAN I DO?? PLEASE HELP:worried:
Hi
My name is sandy i live in gateshead if you would like to talk i would gladly ring you.
I lost my job through sle so i know what you are going through,i myself have had the hardship of losing money.If you want you can send me a private message and i will give you a call as i may be able to help or try to put you in the right direction.
sandy 123

1 - 10 of 10 Posts