1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi lindsay,

I'll go through them one by one :wink2:

C3 yours is normal

C4 normal

Sed Rate (ESR) is raised which can mean inflammation from any source, lupies do get it, but it can be raised when your body is fighting off something too so it's not very specific - a repeat of this is a good idea

I'm confused too about the way your DNA titre is written - some here have been given a titre, but mostly it's not expressed as that and your results dont show a titre anyway ?? Your results show 3 and then I assume ?? maybe incorrectly they are saying 2 is the upper range?? just check you have copied it correctly because in most places anything under 4 or 5 is ok - in Lupus the numbers can go very high in the hundreds.

All the other antibodies tested are negative

CRP normal
CPK normal
There appears to be no normal range against your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) labs would vary, but you could contact the lab and see if that one falls into normal range. I should think it would according to this site as labs dont vary their normal range that much:
http://www.fpnotebook.com/END89.htm

Same applies to the glucose level you would need to contact the lab because glucose is expressed in many different tests and you would need 'their' normal range.

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
One small addition: the glucose needs to be interpreted as to whether it
was a fasting blood glucose or a random blood glucose. If it was random,
then your value is a-OK! If it was fasting, then I agree it is a little high but probably not high enough to actually do anything about it. Rechecking it every 3-6 months, or doing the blood glucose average blood test that diabetics do (gives an idea as to if it's been too high over the last few months) would be a good idea.

I think my father has his at 119 at last visit (fasting blood glucose) which is too high but his doctor is not doing anything about it until it hits 125 which will be later this year if the trend continues.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
The reference range for TSH quoted here is between 0.40 and 4.70 µUI/mL
don't know if that helps?
I really don't know if all countires have the same system.
When I went hypo thyroid again earlier this year mine was at 5.08 and the docs considered that far too high.

Maybe you have underactive thyroid which would cause a lot of symptoms very similar to sle?

All in all, blood tests are not easy to make out. My GP said even he has a job remembering evrything and what it's linked to, so usually best to let the doc work it out :)

bye for now,
Katharine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts