TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

First of all I am not feeling too bad right now.... I just had chemo two weeks ago...
I had to have cortisone in heel and elbow Big OUCH... lol but over that and feeling a little better...
My problem is this... for the last six months or so... I get charly horses nightly.. NOt allways in the same area.. sometimes legs , feet, ribs, you name it... and it is starting to worry me... last night, I got four of them in my feet and toes.. very very very painful... Does anyone else get this... If so can you let me know that it is all part of this wonderful world of lupus... or if I should get it checked it out...

Thank you

Love Penny

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Hi Penny,

Good to see you posting. There can be different causes for charley horses. For me it is when I have been forgetting to take my calcium supplement. I am changing the name of your post and moving to the symptoms forum where more people will see it.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Penny,

My grandmother has been getting terrible ones for years in legs, feet and toes. Her toes would actually stand up straight in the air and keep her up all night. Turns out she had a mineral and iron deficiency...as soon as she started on some new sets of vitamins they have gone away.

Hope you get some relief soon..I know they are agonizing.
Sharon

·
11,405 Posts
((((Penny))))

Charlie horses are so very painful.

It would be a good idea to go to your doctor and get it checked out.

I hope you find out the cause and get some relief soon.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oh my Penny

I am so sorry to hear you are having charlie horses.They are so painful ((((hugs))))).I know when i have had them everyone told me i needed to eat bananas.I aure hope you get some relief from them soon.I am glad other things are doing okay for you.

Tammy

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Penny,

It is wonderful to see you posting. I have wondered about you quite often and am sending you millions of well wishes. As for the charlie horses, I am not much help there. Unlike you, I do not get them nightly, but unfortunately I do get them and they are horrendous, so I understand what you are experiencing. I have found that if I take my pain meds and crank up my electric blanket and wrap that particular part of the body, normally my right leg, tight in the blanket, the meds and the heat eventually kick in and help and then it finally gives. My family sometimes wants to help by rubbing my leg or whatever, but I do not let them. Even though I take quite a bit of blood thinners, I am still fearful of blood clots. I hope someone else comes along with a better idea. Again, great talking to you again.

Nancy

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your all your replies... I have talked to my doctor and she told me to get calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D....
I was talking to someone on chat last night and for the life of me can not remember her name except she is very nice... And she mentioned B12.. When I remembered I am two months late on my b12 shots... I am such a bone head.. all the excitement in our lives lately.. Anyway tuesday morning I am going in and having that done and see if that helps... so wish me luck... :hehe:

Love Penny

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi it was me!

Sorry I left chat so abruptly last night - my computer completely crashed!

Let us know whether the B12 shots do help irradicate the charley horses!

Take care,

Love Lesley

XX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts