The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had diagnosis of latent lupus, although I am in no doubt it is Lupus, loud and proud! Have had the usual problems, with joints swollen, fatigue etc.
However, a new a more worrying syptom has raised its ugly head. I was admitted to hospital in November, with a possble stroke. My left side of my face is numb, also left side is weaker in my arm and leg.

Following a CT scan, I was told there was no sign of a bleed, so not a stroke, which was very good news.

My problem is I still have a numb face, and weaker left side! I have been put on yet another drug, pregabalin, which seems to have made no difference at all. Having joined a Lupus group, I borrowed some books from them, and on doing my own investigations, am concerned it is connected to the CNS, and could be vasculitis. If it is, I am worried that I will be left permenantly like this.:sad: I have in the past been in hospital with suspected menengitis.
This is another symptom of CNS involvement.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying! I see my doctor, and also a rheumatologist. Not seen the rheumatologist since these new syptoms started, but he did not make any comment after the menengitis episode.Tried to see him, but appt not until March!Thought my Dr was ok, until I told him after my reading of books and internet etc, re my symptoms what I thought it was, that he said he would do some research! I am the one left house bound, and in bed for most of the day..... sorry, venting! What can I do? I am not sure re the APS test. WOuld thet have done it in the hospital as a matter of course. I live in Devon, if anyone knows of a neurologist locally?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your advice, I will be on to my GP first thing tomorrow. I am still shocked that these so called experts, that we put our faith in, really are in the dark with this complex disease. It really is up to us to do all the leg work. It is just a shame we have to, when all we want is someone to do it, and take the stress away.

If it were them in bed all day, so exhausted and wobbly, I am sure something would be done a lot quicker!

Leaves me wondering if I will be able to return to work, or even just to be able to clean my house, and be a proper mum again.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.