TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm kinda new here!

I saw the consultant last week and he is giving me extra blood tests etc as he believes I have Lupus - have the rash etc and tick about a thousand boxes.

I have really bad tremors in my hands and legs - so i struggle to write as I cant keep my hands still and the pain in my hands for writing for more than ten minutes means i have to just stop.

My HUGE Problem is I have a test next week which should take about an hour and a half - I only have 6 weeks left on my course so I really need to get the test done - my lecturer has said I can delay taking the test til I am feeling better? But the question is (with how long these things take from what i've been reading) even if they put me on some kind of medication will my tremors improve enough to take the test??? Or do these problems come and go?? Been shaking for about 2 months now!!! And back at hematologist in two weeks?

Any advice would be so very grateful!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't have any answers to the tremors/medical issues. I do however work as an educational advocate in the states, so don't know if this will be helpful to you.
Do you need to actually write the test? Can you use a computer? Can you give oral answers to the professor or an assistant? How about answers in a tape recorder?
There are voice to text programs that you would need to program to recognize your voice and you would have to edit the paper but accommodations for test taking should be allowed for those with disabilities.

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site.

I just loved your kids ideas of your hobbies on your bio. It gave me a good laugh.

Not knowing the type of tremor you have I can only tell you what I have experienced. Tremors are unpredictable. One day I will barely notice the tremor and the next I can't even get close to the item I want. They are less though when the disease is more stable, so yes medication has helped me. I do find fatigue and stress do increase the tremor intensity.

Jo gave you great suggestions. You should definitely inquire about getting some assistance. There is no harm in asking.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou!!

JoD - Thank you so much for your advice! I will phone my lecturer in the morning and see what assistance I can get - It's accounts, so some of it I will have to write but only numbers but there is a possibility I could maybe use a computer to do the written type question answers?? I will definately find out!

Lazy legs - I do think my oldest daughter is as crazy as me! I dont really know what the tremors are yet but it seems to be my left hand at the moment which is the real problem - the one that i write with!!! I had to be fed a yoghurt the other week as I couldnt get the spoon in the pot! I think if I can do as JoD said and get some assistance from the college then I could still do the test - fingers crossed! I'm just hope they get me sorted out quick - my consultant seems to be completely on top of it which is at least of some comfort!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts