The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a 50 yr old woman who is in the process of being diagnosed with Lupus ;I am feling a bit frightened and alone ( im a single parent) and would love to discus it with someone

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Helen

I am a 52 year old woman who is also a single parent. My daughter is now 32 years old and I have a foster son who is 9 years old. Whwn you say you are being in the process of diagnosed...what do you mean? Do you have positive blood results?Are you under the care of a rheumatologist? Whatever the situation is - certainly we can help with support and adfvice...

Looking forward to hearing more from you

Joan:rose:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Hi Joan, Thanks for replying, At present I have blod tests away to determine if it is lupus or not. I have problems with athritis, skin rashes, skin abceses, mouth sores , gastro in flamation and kydney problems .fatique and muscle aches. The doctors up to now have only ben interested in the one thing that is wrong with me at the time and not interested in any other symptons I may have. Now a new gp. has put it al to gether and came up with lupus as I have all of the above at the moment including hair loss and very high blood pres.sure. Up til now the doctors have just made me feel as if they wernt interested and I stopped going

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi again Helen

Im glad your current doctor is joining the dots and lets hope that he/she can come up with some answers for you. Do stick around and let us know what your results say. Certainly if you put all your symptoms together then Lupus sounds like a possibility. Dont panic though..! This is a great place for support and advice.There is a great wealth of advice and experience here on the message boards that you can benefit from...

Keep us updated and let us know your test results.

Take good care
Joan:rose:

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Helen,

Welcome to the site.

It sounds like you have gotten the same run around that many of us did. Changing doctors looks like it was a good idea. At least now someone is looking at the whole you. I hope you don't have to wait too long to get your test results.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.