TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

Sounds familiar......?

Painful swollen knees, ankles, wrists, elbows, hands...glands up under armpit and neck, earache, phlebitis flare, can't pass urine properly, headaches from h**l, blurred vision, VERY painful eye and so tired I could sleep for eternity (nausea, lack of appetite as well). Probably missed a few but then it would get boring:rolleyes: .

Probably flaring up again...........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I am so glad I didn't fly to the US at the weekend as I would probably be regretting it.

I have been referred to a rheumy in my new location but I seriously can't wait for some sort of medication. I hope the opthalmic optician I am seeing on Saturday can see something acute with my eye so it gets documented. At least my GP saw the nystagmus at my last visit to warrant being sent to the optho.

Basically I am cheesed off at having to start again in a new location. I just hope all my notes have followed me. Does anyone know the rheumies at Kent and Sussex Hospital? Anyone there have an interest in lupus?

Sorry, so many questions but feeling out of sorts. Can't even have a day off sick as I am on a improving attendance probation. My three monthly review is next week so I must appear to keep my record sheet clean.

Anyway, to bed and hope I can get up in the morning without the use of a crane......:wink2:

Love to you all

Judi xx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I'm really sorry, I can't answer any of your questions. The docs my Mum used to see in Kent are probably either retired or dead by now :lol: and I know that she ended up going to London in the end, though she did have a lot of complications with her dermatomyositis.

I hope that both the eye doc and the rheumy are worth it. And, I really hope that this flare or whatever it is settles quickly.

Try to rest as much as possible and make pacing yourself a serious project!

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Judi, I am very sorry that you are in such a rough state of affairs right now, but with changing dr.'s and moving, that causes stress, and stress=pain, and plenty of it. So for that I send ((((hugs)))). I already have forgeten where you live, but, in the states here, You go to a new town, find a new dr., and then when you fill our the new-patient papers, you can also ask then for the form that you sing to have your whole folder from your last dr., or dr.'s,
sent over to your new dr.'s office. I am soo sorry about the pain in your eye, and I wish you the best of luck that you will get some kind of med to put on it. Keep us informed.:wink2:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Katharine

I will try to pace myself now that a serious project is coming to an end at work. I have cut out travelling for work just now as driving wipes me out. (I can just manage the 30 miles to work in the morning and hubby drives home at night!) My eye is not so painful today as I have kept the painkillers topped up. I've not moved much from my desk, either, which comes a bit of a shock when I have to get up to go to the loo!!

Halfpintfl

Our system is very similar to yours in that we find a doctor and inform the regional health authority of our change of address and preferred doctor. In the fulness of time (in our case three months!) our notes arrive from our old GP. Then the new GP can refer us to a consultant. (That's the theory) My new GP, however, did not refer me until two weeks ago and we have now been in the area 6 months!!

If I am still like I feel by Monday I am going to see the GP and see if she can give me something other than dihydrocodeine.

Hope you both are well.

Thank you for your kind wishes.

Love Judi xx

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi judi

I'm sorry to hear you are flaring at the moment.try & get plenty of rest & do see your gp if you feel any worse.

I'm sorry I can't help I just wanted to send you my best wishes :) & suggest that you also post in the 'find a doctor' section on the boards & hopefully other members can offer some advice regarding rheumatologists?

best of luck judi & I hope you feel better soon
take care :hug: karen x

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Karen
Thank you for your wishes. I'm not too bad tonight (eye not as painful as yesterday) but knees and elbows sore. Just about to fall into bed as have to be up early in the morning to beat the snow to work.

Have a good evening.
Love Judi xx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Judi, I don't know what strength Di-hydrocodeine you have but I fine by taking the 60 mgm slow release night and morning and topping up with the odd 30 mgm whener needed I can get good pain relief.
Having both strength meds. makes them quite versatile.
Hope this helps, and sorry about your work stress.
x Lola

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Lola

I have 30mg dihydrocodeine. I can take 60mg if I have to but I wake up so muzzy (not to mention the effect it has on the bowels....). If I really need crashing out I will take them but I feel they don't really mix with dosulepin. (I take them at different times when I remember).

Thanks for your concern.
Love Judi xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts