The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Marika
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The phone rang last week, i answered it to hear a well meaning 'friend' tell me all about an article in one of the womens magazines here in Germany.
"It's all about Auto Immune illnesses and that 'thing' you've got is in there too"
Well you just know whats coming next. So I dutifully bought the RAG MAG full of skinny women wirth perfect complextions and yes there were articles on women who have various illnesses, RA, Lupus, Chrons and MS. all with pictures of them.
The woman with Lupus has a close up picture of her face....not a spot or pimple in sight......and guess what...she didn't 'cure' herself as they do admit it's incurable.....but with the help of.....yep...... animal fat free diet....only veg....and weekly visits to a herbalist...this woman is as fit as a fiddle.
She admidts she doesn't have SLE.
Anyway 'friend' phones back.....'Well, why don't you try it?' and this woman never mentions being tired at all....'hallo' never tired with Lupus.....
so obviously it must be all in my head...right.
After 20 years of Lupus I'm tired of trying to educate people about it.....I said of course I would try it...great idea.....poured myself a glass of wine, 2 chocky bickies and went to bed.
Hope your all well.
Love Marikaxxxxxxx:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
4,436 Posts
How can these mags be so irresponsible.. she even says she doesn't have SLE... doh, am I missing something?? Lucky we have each other on here... no point in educating such idiots that think it is controllable....grrrr:(

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Well, one thing is for sure - you had a lot more pleasure from that wine and the chockie bickies than from any veg!

Katharine

·
Registered
553 Posts
um plate full of veg or choccie biscuits and wine.... no comparison really give me the wine any day :lol:. They don't half write some trash in these magazines... I suppose they have to make money some how, but they would be better to print something called the truth but then again that wouldn't sell more than trashy lies and gossip!!!

Claire xx

·
Registered
642 Posts
Well I don't know why I've bothered to be ill for all this time :mad::mad:
when the cure is just there in that scientific gossip mag :wink2:

Ho hum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts