The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.
My name's Ashley and I was just diagnosed with Systemic Lupus today, actually.
I'm still pretty confused about the whole thing.
Well I'm not quite sure what to say, but it's nice to know I'm not alone.

·
The vortex of insanity!
154 Posts
Yo dude!!!!

That's MY ashley, she's awesome, everyone hug her a lot ;)

·
The vortex of insanity!
154 Posts
Right right :) I'm awesome too. But I was attempting to sing YOUR praises! I will stop hijacking your intro thread now, dearie :p *steps back*

·
Registered
368 Posts
:there: Welcome Ashley! You must be feeling overwhelmed! It's hard accepting that you have a chronic illness, especially at such a young age! Alot of us have had lupus for along time, it is treatable! Join us in chat, you will find alot of info and support! Cathy

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the site.

It is a great place for support and just by reading the posts is very helpful.

Nice to meet you.
:hello:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sending lots of big warm bear (((hugs))) your way.

Welcome to the site and let us know if there's any way we can be of help. You sound kinda shellshocked at the moment - entirely understandable! There is a lot of hope that things will improve for you soon once you get on the right medications for you. Take care and welcome!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Ashley

Hi Things will get less confusing and now you have a diagnosis the docs will be able to help you with meds etc.
I have been on Plaquinal for a few months and have been feeling much better -touch wood- so hope you will be as lucky. One good thing ,you have found this site, there is lots of helpfull info on this or if you just want a moan its a great place to come to. Its like having another family .:)

all the best
SueSIZE="3"][/SIZE]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aww thanks everyone.
*hugs*
I'm still pretty baffled and confused about the whole thing, but like I said, it's great to know there are people out there who can be here to guide me through this.
Thank you again. :)

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Ashley,

Welcome to the Lupus Site. Being diagnosed with Lupus can be scary. Even when there is a close family member that also has it. I can tell you that most people with lupus are able to live a normal life, with a few adjustments. Those of us here that are really sick do not represent the average lupus patient at all. There are 3 types of people that make up the majority of the active members.
1. Those that are newly diagnosed like yourself.
2. Those that are not yet diagnosed but think they might have lupus.
3. Those like me that are really sick one way or another.

Most of the newly diagnosed members eventually fade away. Their lupus gets under control and they are busy leading active lives. That is just the way most health boards seem to work and it makes sense.

Did your doctor start you on any medication?

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi ashley

A big warm welcome to you :wavesmile:

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis & it's understandable you are feeling confused :worried:
you have done the right thing joining the forum,the support & knowledge here really does make a big difference..we will help you as much as we can :)

take care of yourself
big hugs to you :hug: karen x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts