TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya everyone I'm 15 years old, and I've was diagonised with Lupus about 2years ago. It's been real tough as most of you may know.

It would be cool to speak to someone my age or someone who is just going through the same thing as me.:)

Sophie xx

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Sophie,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your diaagnosis. I can imagine is has been tough for you.

There are some teenagers here and people in their 20's. At 36 I think I count as one of the 'older' members:hehe:. Hang around and I'm sure you'll hear from them. Of course you can ask us anything you want too.

X C X

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hi Sophie,
Sadly, I am not 15! My Daughter and I both have Lupus , she is nearly 18.
How are you coping? Are you able to have much social life? I know how hard it has been for my Daughter, Immi. Two years running she has started at College and not been able to keep going.
looking forward to hearing from you.
x lola

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Sophie

Welcome to the Forum. We have some young members here but they dont post as often as us oldies ;) We have an under 20's Forum which you might like to check out and you can contact anyone by Private Message or put a post on there.

In the meantime I hope us oldies can help you out with any other info or support you might need.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are keeping well?

Take care for now
Joan:rose:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Sophie,
Welcome to the site and I hope you can find someone your age although you are pretty young, and I am sorry that you are having to deal with lupus at a most wonderful time in your life. I only say that cause I am 41 and it would be great to be 15 again lol. You sound like you have a wonderful outlook on things and will be a real plus to the site. Feel free to join us in the chat room anytime would love to know a little more about you sometime. In the mean time again welcome and there is great information here and advise also.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Sophie,
I am among the older of people here at 55. However, I started showing the first lupus signs when I was about 5. I wasn't diagnosed til I was 35, so there were a lot of years in there that I was not treated effectively. I think this is the cause of a bunch of long lasting issues from sle.

I do hope that you will be able to find the support you will need to battle this not so welcome companion. Take good care of yourself, work with your doctors...you are all members of a team. They can't help you without your being involved in the important decisions which will affect your life.

You are young, and you need to "be young", yet your body wants to do its own thing too. Compromise with your body is not an easy balance, but with time, you will get there. Try to not let yourself get down about the times your body wins. Keep your friends close and involved with your health so they understand that there are times you are not able to do everything you all want.

Enjoy life, savor the good times.
Sally

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Hi Sophie

Just wanted to say hi. Unfortunately I am not 15 or even close any more!! I really feel for you dealing with this difficult disease. It is hard at any age, but I think that at your age it must be especially difficult. I hope your friends are understanding.

Sending you warm wishes

Deb

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Sophie,

I am 43 so 15 came and went for me many years ago however, when I was your age some of the best lessons I learned were from older people. The people here know what your going through and the information and support you will get is endless.

Also, join us in the chat room sometime. That is a lot of fun and a way to chat instantly with others here on the board.

I am sorry about your dx of Lupus at such a young age but hope to get to know you better.:wink2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts