The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to the bottom of my heart that you are all still here. I disappeared for a few years, in denial, thinking the next herb or vitamin would cure me.

I've been on the computer today looking for a home remedy for an impressively bad breakout of mouth ulcers and ended up here. Reading through this site again, I am almost in tears getting in touch with how tired I am, how sick I am, how helpless I feel. I try to stay so positive but it seems every month there is a new illness, new problem, less money and less energy.

I live alone, no family, have some good friends but, as you all know, even the most well-intentioned friends don't understand if they are not living with lupus along with probably a long list of additional conditions.

Well, thanks for letting me get this out. I feel better and will stay close to this site.

Hang in there.

Lapoe

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Lapoe and welcome back :)

It's not always easy to know how best we are supposed to deal with this disease and sometimes trying to pretend it's not there seems like a lovely option but it can be a very lonely one too.

You don't talk about any treatment at all. Do you see a rheumy regularly. From the sound of it, your meds may not be well adjusted or something new needs trying....

sending hugs to you,
Katharine

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Lapoe, Hello , we haven't met yet. I have been on the site just over a year. I am a long term Lupus patient. Maybe,if you could focus your energies now on adjusting to your condition and accepting that a cure while not impossible is not likely tomorrow,it would help you. I know it will be hard for you to face this as human nature would like a miracle, but we are all here for you. KEEP POSTING.
X Lola

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Welcome back. :)

I think we have all lived in denial for some period of time, even if we have been very sick. Denial exists for a reason... but so does all the treatment options and experts and the support of people on a site like this to work through it and keep hope that things will get better.

Take care of yourself and please do stick around if you feel it will help!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hello Lapoe,

Welcome back to the site...This is not a desease to deal with it on your own... If you do not have family you need support from somewhere... This is the place to come.... I have the support from my family.. But I love coming here because then I feel I am not being a burden to my familly.. And besides when you have the desease you understand....
It is great you are back... Hope we can all make you feel better...

Take care

Love Penny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts