The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone one else like me ? i was diagnosed with lupus at 17 yrs old now 33 at first i was very sick and sore for years on the prednisone and plaqunil not even capabale of workin or anything else then bout the age of 22 after not gettin better and being sick i stopped using meds and goin to doctor afterr a rough cpl months i got better i no longer had stiff joints or high fevers i assume from goin into remission and takin better care of myself i have been able to lead a reasonably normal life which i NEVER thought possible went to rheumitoligist once cpl years ago he said well if anything was goin to happen it woulda happened so all was good now. but just recently i went to doctor cause i had purple spots showing up came back with a platelet count of 8k have been on 40 mg of prednisone per day now for a month things havn't stabilized he also said he ran a test and if itp shoulda came back positive but it came back neg which doesn't completly rule out itp but he wants to do a bone marrow biopsy. he didn't say what else it could be any ideas ? And also i have never been able to talk about it (lupus) or deal with it like i was ashamed about it which seems wierd never told employers and kept it away from most friends isolated myself so really have no one close to me anyone else out there? would be nice to hear from ppl with same or similar experiences.
Dan

·
Registered
368 Posts
:( Dan, sorry to hear that you're going thru such a hard time, especially at such a young age !;) I wasn't diagnosed until I was 40 y/o, my kids were older and more helpful. There is a site here for younger people with lupus, you might find that helpful. Plenty (unfortunately) have gone thru what you're going thru. This is a great site, hope you find the help you need! Cathy

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Dan,
Welcome to the lupus site. :welcome:
I think you need to ask your doctor what he is thinking and why he wants to do a bone marrow biopsy.

It is hard to accept that a person has lupus. It is a roller coaster ride of emotions. I am glad you found us. You can get support here and find updated information on lupus.

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly. I hope the doctor you are seeing knows lupus. Some doctors don't. Hopefully getting on the right mix of meds will get you to feeling better soon.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Dan, I hope you get sorted out soon . Please remember Lupus is not a personality flaw or anything to be ashamed of, in fact it seems to affect the most hard working type of people, who have always been busy and helped others.

Maybe this would be a good time to start coming to terms with it. It can be done, we generally cope most of the time. I agree that telling employers etc. can be hard. Only you will know if they could be educated about Lupus.
x Lola

1 - 5 of 5 Posts