The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you all know i see the rhuemy on Wed i am a little worried at this as i have not been before for lupus.
Anyway over the past few weeks i have been ill with stomach and doctor advised me not to mention it, unfortunatly i had to go back to see him on Friday as my stomach was so painfull and he says it is ibs and changed medication,he now says it may be advisable to mention to rhuemy.
After that he asked me to fill in a form on depression and take it back after 2 weeks has this happened to anyone else as i dont think i am deppressed but i may be.
He says a lot has happened to me in the past twelve months what with operation and lupus and i have been very strong and not letting go.
I do not know what he means as what can one do but get on with it.
Anyway i have not always replied to people as i dont know what to say but i have learnt a lot from reading,and i want to say thanks for support.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Sandy,
Nice to meet you. This is a great site.
That happened to me too. I was very ill before I was diagnosed and the doctor gave me that form to fill in too.
I knew I wasnt depressed just totally fatigued, in pain and upset because nobody seemed to take me seriously.
Im afraid I bought the form home and tore it up and felt insulted.
Of course Im sure this disease could cause depression but it can also just make you feel so down because you dont feel well and not being taken seriously makes you feel very frustrated too.
I have been prescribed Prozac and another anti depressants in the past but have never really taken them. I sort of knew that depression wasnt my problem. As soon as I feel better Im very happy and upbeat.
I think if they dont know the answer they just resort to anti depressants and hope you wont feel like bothering them again then.
In the end I did get taken seriously though and gained a diagnosis of SLE and Fibromyalgia.
Of course I feel down sometimes that I have this illness but I can cope now I know what it is.
I could have answered yes to lots of the depression questions too but it was mainly due to the fact I had Lupus not depression.
This is only my story and there is a chance of course that you do have depression but I dont think I did. You probably know in yourself too if you have. True depression is different than how I felt but at times the symptoms were the same Im sure.
Good luck.,
Luv Sal xx

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi sal

Salopsally;518625 said:
Hi Sandy,
Nice to meet you. This is a great site.
That happened to me too. I was very ill before I was diagnosed and the doctor gave me that form to fill in too.
I knew I wasnt depressed just totally fatigued, in pain and upset because nobody seemed to take me seriously.
Im afraid I bought the form home and tore it up and felt insulted.
Of course Im sure this disease could cause depression but it can also just make you feel so down because you dont feel well and not being taken seriously makes you feel very frustrated too.
I have been prescribed Prozac and another anti depressants in the past but have never really taken them. I sort of knew that depression wasnt my problem. As soon as I feel better Im very happy and upbeat.
I think if they dont know the answer they just resort to anti depressants and hope you wont feel like bothering them again then.
In the end I did get taken seriously though and gained a diagnosis of SLE and Fibromyalgia.
Of course I feel down sometimes that I have this illness but I can cope now I know what it is.
I could have answered yes to lots of the depression questions too but it was mainly due to the fact I had Lupus not depression.
This is only my story and there is a chance of course that you do have depression but I dont think I did. You probably know in yourself too if you have. True depression is different than how I felt but at times the symptoms were the same Im sure.
Good luck.,
Luv Sal xx
I dont think i have depression so i may not fill in the form i am dealing with diagnosis,i think it is because i lost my job in july but not bothered as i was overworked and i cannot manage to do the job now,the only thing a miss is the money.I think as you say he knows i have a bad stomach and it is easier to say you are depressed.anyway thanks for reply it was much appreciated.
Love Sandy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts