TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting tired, very tired - it comes out of the blue and i just have to crash and sleep then other days im fine. Been having the same sore throat come back over and over since January - i just can't shake it - been docs 3 times with it. One time i lost my voice for two weeks! Finally got blood test the other day and it came back with WBC of 3 and neutrophil of 1.7 - this is the lowest mine has ever been and yet doctor recorded no further action.

Haematologist previously asked for a 6 monthly retest 'watching breif' for me which i've had to chase and chase as no one arranged it. Why isn't anyone looking further into this - am i just being a baby? I don't know what to do next. :(

Kiara :worried:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry you are feeling so poorly. Has the GP referred you to a rheumy yet?

Don't mean to speak out of turn but someone more experienced surely needs to look at the results.

Good luck.

Jen :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jen

I've been seen by a team of rheumy's who because of my improved bloodwork at the time and lack of anything conclusive have discharged me until anything changes. I was told i have primary raynauds - the doctor said maybe one day you will develop something and then we will say ah - that's what it was.....

My first rheumie said i should have been referred to Haematology - which i was but for some reason my gp's aren't following the consultant's recommendations to have been monitored.

I don't understand it all - im just getting really sick of feeling poorly and this sudden draining tiredness - it's frightening especially when im having to drive long distances regularly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi

This is interesting as I had a similar problem almost 3 years ago when the Endo knew something was not right (following blood tests) and then instructed my GP to leave me 'and wait to see what develops'.

Here I am now almost 3 years later and now have a wonderful Rheumy who has taken over the investigations.

Not sure what to suggest and I hope someone more knowledgeable can help.

Good luck.

Jen :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello, You are not getting the treatment and support you deserve-just my opinion. How would you feel about changing Docs? I know how long some of the distances are in your part of the country and I am worried about you driving a lot.
x Lola

Again just my opinion but some Consultants put too much store by blood results. It is possible to have seronegative Lupus and be really ill despite lack of evidence in the blood.
x Lola

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies guys :) This week tiredness has not been too bad - probably because im having a really lazy time at work at the moment lol. My legs have been itching a lot though :( I will wait and see how i get on and then if things continue ill go back to the doctor. Your support really helps guys... i get really worried about my health since all this started but im trying hard not to get too paranoid about it.

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Poor you

Hi Poor you, I do hope you are feeling better now
I am going to my first rhmy visit next week and dreading it. Silly to hope they find something really I know but better than being ill and them dismissing you.

I think it is important to fight for what you want as far as your health is concerned but sometimes it is so hard when you are tired.

I do hope things get better soon
Pam

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
kiara,
I encourage you to keep notes on how you are feeling and what you were doing when you felt like that. You make have to be forceful with the doctors to get what you want, which is answers to why you feel this way.

If you do have lupus you will find that no one takes care of anything but you. You have to active in your care and follow up everything yourself. I know it should not be this way but sad to say it sounds pretty common on this site anyway.

I hope you start to feel better and get some answers soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts