The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my name is victoria and I am 21 this august. I didnt know about this site until just the other night i was searching well..last night. I want to say hi to all. I have SLE. I was dignosed when i was 13, and i was on lots of meds, just the other day my boyfriend said he heard of a cure that is being experiementing. does anyone know about this? Please let me know and if anyone has any questions for me. please feel free to ask im ver out going and dont mind sharing anything i know. Thank you. for taking time to read this.
I also have RA rhemitoid arthritis.

I also found out that the SLE
can affect the organs...including the brain,kidneys,heart,joints and musles and also the eyes.

·
4,445 Posts
Hi Victoria.. I have a daughter of 21... you have had alot to cope with already and I wish you hadn't. There is a new drug being trialled by glaxo smithkline.. they are supposed to complete second set of trials in NOv and hoping to roll out the drug 2010.. it has had good initial results, but it is still in its infancy, so who knows? We can only hope!! There are posts about it on this site so you may want to check it out... you take care and its good you have found us here, there is alot of experience, humour and wisdom on this site... speak again soon.
Claire XX

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Victoria and :welcome:

Unfortunately there is still no "cure" for lupus but there are promising trials of new "treatment". I presume that your boyfriend is referring to the Benylsta trials. There is another thread on the board right now discussing that very topic :) Here's the link.

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75793

Bye for now and hope to hear more from you soon,

Katharine

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Welcome to the site Victoria.

We would all love a cure, but as the others have said there isn't one yet. Fortunately more funding has recently gone into Lupus Research so there is hope for more advances in the future.

I hope you will join us in the chat room sometime. It is a great way to meet the other members. Hope to see you in there soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Victoria,

I just want to say welcome to the site.

You are a very busy mother.:) Your little ones must keep you on your toes.

The information here on the site is up to date and the members are very caring.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Victoria, welcome to the site. It is very friendly, informative and supportive. You must have your hands full with your little ones!!!!! I hope your lupus is well controlled and that you have a good rheumy.

Deb

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Victoria and welcome to the board.

Sounds like you keep very busy with the kids.

I remember the days but my son is grown now.

If you have free time join us in the chat room sometime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.