The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Kelly and I live in N.Y. I was diagnosed with Lupus and Raynauds over five years ago. I`ve also been told I have Medullary sponge kidney, but over the past 2 years have had a problem with bilateral hydronephrosis. According to dr. it`s not linked to my medullary sponge kidney so I`m not sure the cause as he couldn`t give me an answer. Since talking to my gyno he has pushed my primary care to refer me to a nephrologist so my appointment is in June. Just wondering if any of you have had a problem with hydronephrosis? Well I`m off to read posts just wanted to introduce myself quick first :)
Kelly

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Kelly and welcome,

I'm afraid I don't have any advice on your particular question but just wanted to welcome you here :)

I'm sure you will find these boards a very useful source of advice, support and understanding.

If you don't get enough answers to your specific question, try reposting it in another section as some members don't read the introductions section much.

Katharine

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kelly !

I only know what I read up after reading your post - I had never heard of this condition before.
There are a few references to hydronephrosis in relation to lupus cystitis but obviously it isn't specially associated with lupus.
It's good that you will be seeing a nephrologist but it's a pity your PC needed kicking in the butt. :(
I hope he is in general more helpful than this.

Good Luck

Clare

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Katherine and Clare,
Thank you for a warm welcome! Clare I had read a bit on that yesterday too. I`m do back with my rheumy on the 13th I think I will talk to him about it and see if he thinks theres any connection.
Thank you again and glad I joined this forum.I did a whole bunch of reading last night...LOL
Kelly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts