The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, my name is Georgiana. I am a university student in New Zealand. I am just introducing myself, and would love to get to know some people. I was diagnosed with SLE Lupus at the age of 12, 7 years ago. Lupus has attacked my heart, lungs, joints/muscles, skin, blood, kidneys and recently my liver. I do try and live life to the fullest but I always get tired and down in the dumps, as it seems to have attacked everything. My family don't understand much about what I am going through, I just need people who get it, to talk too.

I hope to get to know some of you!

Georgiana. x.:)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Georgina and :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time over the last few years and throughout your teens - it must have been very hard to deal with all that and schooling.

There are quite a few young people who come here even if they are here less often than the (slightly) older generation :)

You will find plenty of understanding and unwavering support here as everyone here is in the same boat and we all understand. It is very hard even for the most supportive of families and friends to understand what we're going through... who possibly could? I know I wouldn't have prior to being ill.

hugs and bye for now :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi from NZ as well Georgina! I see you're in Dunedin - what a coincidence. What are journey you've been theough, I haven't been on here much but from what I've seen they are a very caring bunch in here. What are you studying at uni?

Hope this finds you well :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pouncer;559477 said:
Hi from NZ as well Georgina! I see you're in Dunedin - what a coincidence. What are journey you've been theough, I haven't been on here much but from what I've seen they are a very caring bunch in here. What are you studying at uni?

Hope this finds you well :)
Hey, thanks for replying.
I am in my second year studying Psychology. Love it.
What about you?
I would love to get to personally know New Zealanders who have Lupus.
X.

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi Georgina and welcome to the site. Sorry, lupus has given you such a rough ride. Psychology at Uni sounds fun.

DEb

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi there Georgiana and welcome to the site!

Talk (write) away as much as you like, this is a very supportive site full of lovely people from many different back grounds and of many ages!

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

PS--what a lovely name you have too!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Georgiana;559480 said:
Hey, thanks for replying.
I am in my second year studying Psychology. Love it.
What about you?
I would love to get to personally know New Zealanders who have Lupus.
X.
I'm in my second year too studying physiology and music. It would be good to get to know someone here in dunners. Do you manage to study full time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pouncer;559561 said:
I'm in my second year too studying physiology and music. It would be good to get to know someone here in dunners. Do you manage to study full time?
Hi.

Yes I do study full time, very tiring but I don't work. I get a benefit to help with the costs.

Would you like to maybe catch up some time in person for coffee??

x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts