The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Kathy and I've had SLE for 13 years. I have been married for almost 19 years and have 4 boys who I love with my whole heart and soul but they completely exhaust me.
My dh works from 10 to 6 downtown. So he leaves at 9 and gets home around 7. He is not help in the evening with dinner, homework, soccer, basketball, baseball and hockey practices. All I do is run, run, run...or should I say drive, drive, drive...LOL!
He is here in the morning and does breakfast, teeth and hair while I make lunches and then he does take them to the bus stop.
They are 15, 12, 10 1/2 and 6 1/2.
Finally - they are all in school and I feel like I am sooo super busy. I do try to rest each day because I know I need to.

I am on prednisone, plaquenil, synthroid, wellbuterin, lorazipam and hydrocodone (as needed)......
I am so glad I found this site. I really need friends who know what I am going through. I just responded to another post regarding medical bracelets. I was told I should wear one. I am 45 years old and will be 46 on the 23rd of this month. I am a stay at home Mom. I did work for 19 1/2 years and then quit to stay home. Been home now 8 years this past January.
Nice to meet all of you. I am going to try to read as much as I can. I love message boards.
~kathy~

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Kathy and a warm welcome to the forum :)

Wow, you do have a busy life! I have an idea of what it's like as I have two boys 10 and 8, and 2 step children, a girl of 5 and a boy of 3. I am "lucky" though as I have one weekend in two with no kids at all!

This site is a great place for support, information and advice and the implicit understanding that we all have of what it's like to be ill is fabulous and very necessary to our sanity at times!

I hope you enjoy being here with us,
Katharine

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
A big warm welcome to you! It's always good to hear from members that have lived with lupus for a number of years. I'm sure you'll have some helpful advice to share with others here too.

I have one 3 year old at home, she keeps me busy enough. I can't imagine 3 more! :)

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Hello Kathy,

Welcome to the Lupus Site. This is a great place for support and encouragement. There is also a lot of knowledge found in the membership at this site. You will be a good addition on the forums. It helps the newly diagnosed to see that living a "normal" life is somewhat possible. If you haven't checked it out yet please pop into the chatroom. During the day while your boys are at school you will find people in there. We come from all over the world here and we have a good time in chat.

I have one boy age 15 at home. I am on SSDI so by default I am a stay at home mom. I do hope all your boys are helping you with housework. Even the little guy can do things to help out. My son cooks dinner once a week and sometimes twice. He does the laundry on Saturdays, at least the colored load that is mostly just his clothes and he helps me with the towels and such when I am in a flare. He also mops the floor on the weekends. This has all happened because I can't do most of those things at all and laundry is easier with someone else helping. In the end I think children of lupus patients enter adulthood with better living skills. My son will certainly make someone a fine husband someday.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Karen

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi kathy

:welcome: to the forum!!

you certainly have your hands full,I have enough to do with my 2 daughters aged nearly 13 & nearly 8!:lol: but children make it all worth while :)

I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do..the members are very caring & understanding..& it helps to know you are not alone :)

I look forward to getting to know you
take care
bye for now..karen x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts