The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, nice to find a site like this, I was diagnosed with Lupus this week and am trying to find out as much as I can. Look forward to learning more from this site and its members.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the site ! :)

I hope you will find it very helpful in all ways. Getting diagnosed is the start of a new and important phase with getting used to the idea of having the disease and starting to learn how to live to the best with it, as well as learning how it affects you and finding the right meds. Quite a challenge, but there's a wealth of information and support here and we'll help you all we can, so just ask.

We have quite a few men members in fact, but they tend to be very low profile :hehe: There's also a section for the specific problems faced by men; otherwise we are all in the same boat.

Bye for now

Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Expat (from where??? :hehe: sorry I'm one too, so I decided to be nosey) and welcome!

I'm sure that you'll find that the site is an invaluable source of information, support and advice.

As Clare said, we hear less from the men here on the site, but we're all for a bit more equality!

I'm sure you'll have plenty of questions over the next few weeks and months and hopefully we'll be here to help you on your way.

Speak soon,
Katharine

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi EXPAT, again welcome . yes this is a get ssite and you can ask just about anything..what were your first signs of lupus and are you in much pain.i could go on and on with the questions i am quite nosey too. but that is enoough for now .join us in chat anytime and feel free to email me i have had the lovely lupus for 24 yrs now.i joined this site a couple of years ago
and it was one of the best thing i ever did. everyone has helped me so much with so many things. i do not think:) i would have got my ss disabilty if it had not been for the personel help i got here. well anyway hope to see you in chat and learn as much as you can. also keeping a juornal is a good idea. take care
sue

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi expat just thought i would drop you a line i know how you feel my daughter has lupus she was told at 15yrs old anything you want to ask then please do

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eagle55;504061 said:
Hi EXPAT, again welcome . yes this is a get ssite and you can ask just about anything..what were your first signs of lupus and are you in much pain.i could go on and on with the questions i am quite nosey too. but that is enoough for now .join us in chat anytime and feel free to email me i have had the lovely lupus for 24 yrs now.i joined this site a couple of years ago
and it was one of the best thing i ever did. everyone has helped me so much with so many things. i do not think:) i would have got my ss disabilty if it had not been for the personel help i got here. well anyway hope to see you in chat and learn as much as you can. also keeping a juornal is a good idea. take care
sue

thanks for the warm welcome, not been on the site as just been busy i guess and coming to terms with everything in my own way. I was prior to diagnosis in alot of pain daily and would just take panadol although it did not do much! at time of diagnosis I seemed to feel alot better (perhaps a period of remission?) and since starting on mobic / plaquenil feel far better, have not had the fatigue either. I have stopped smoking now for two weeks and am swimming almost daily altho lightly and feel like I now have a new life i was a party animal really) and now feel like a saint, am cool with this tho and just stay positive. i have found talking about it to the right people really helps. I live in Australia altho from London and it can be hard to be far from family and close friends.

Stay well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gooday Expat74
This is a really good site for help and information, glad I joined, everyone is so friendly and helpful.
Know what you mean about being far away from family and friends, I also used to live in Australia, Penrith just outside Sydney, my brother and family still live there.
Hope you can get sorted with your medications.
Take care and best wishes

Meryl

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome to the club! I'm a 45yo male with Lupus. Diagnosed around 13 years ago...after MANY years of unexplained troubles.
These sites can be a great place to learn & ask questions.

Eric

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome to the sight Expat and i sure hope you find this sight to be as supporting and friendly as i always have.There are so many wonderful caring people in here.It is not an easy thing to quit smoking congradulations on that also.Take care and sure hope to hear from you in the future.

Tammy:)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi EXPAT and :welcome:

I live in NSW :wavesmile: Hope you enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

love
Lily

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.