The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Zima and welcome!

How have you lived without us all that time :lol: ?

I hope you enjoy being here with us and look forward to hearing more from you.

Katharine

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
:welcome: Zima where do you come from you will get a lot of support on the site.If you have a problem then there is allways somebody here to help even if it is just for a moan hope to hear from you again Elisabeth:)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Zima, Jump right in and get to know everyone. They are all good people. I have been here just over a year but am a long term lupus patient.
x Lola

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to be here

Hey, Katherine, LolaLola, and elisabethm, I really don’t know how I've lived without this for so long. After I was diagnosed and dealt with the devastation and a time on prednisone, I tried to put lupus out of my mind. I read up on it initially a got an over view but I did not want to dwell on lupus for my own sanity. I have nerfratic(sp) syndrome and the prednisone did not seem to help. I was on no medication for a number of years just having routine 24 hour urine test and blood work done to check kidney function. After the birth of my daughter in 2001 I developed high blood pressure right the in the hospital the night after her birth. Right now I am just on blood pressure meds. I have to do better at monitoring my health and probably another kidney biopsy is due because I am spilling even more protein. I am originally from Trinidad and Tobago West Indies and came to New York many year ago.
Thank you for the welcome. I hope to learn a lot, find support and help others in any way I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts