The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I call my lupus... lucky lupus. I only flare about 2-3 times a year and it's fully tolerable with ibuprofen. (granted, it's about a bottle of ibuprofen a month... ha)

I search for support when I'm flaring because lupus doesn't fit into my real life. I don't really have any support. The friends that know how serious it can get now live in Chicago and Alabama... and I don't live either of those places.

My friends here don't understand despite the fact that they are healthcare professionals. One really hurt me last year when she mentioned to another friend that she just didn't understand that I was "supposedly" so sick.

So, hi everyone, I read your stories often even though I haven't shared my own. I also, am a huge dork, and I read the stories of famous people with lupus too. It helps a lot to know I'm not alone.

Thanks for reading and hope you are each well. Let me know if there's a specific board where I can just go whine and let it all out... ha :) Take care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
welcome

I am also new and can understand your feelings...I am here if you need someone to hear you out...There is a chat room here. I went to it, but no one was there...oh well...if you want to chat, just e-mail me..;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hiya!

Hi I am new here also.I was diagnosed wit lupus 4 years ago and have just been diagnosed with crohns/colitis.I also have a hietus hernia:rolleyes:

I have been pretty sick lately so thought I would come on here and meet people who knew how I was feeling.I hope I can make lots of new friends:)

Look forward to speaking to you all soon.Hugs and well wishes Tallie x x x

·
Registered
40 Posts
Talliex;501154 said:
Hi I am new here also.I was diagnosed wit lupus 4 years ago and have just been diagnosed with crohns/colitis.I also have a hietus hernia:rolleyes:

I have been pretty sick lately so thought I would come on here and meet people who knew how I was feeling.I hope I can make lots of new friends:)

Look forward to speaking to you all soon.Hugs and well wishes Tallie x x x
Hi Tallie
It sounds like you are having a really bad time of it right now and just being diagnosed with chrohns isn't the most pleasant thing to pick you up!

I have had lupus since I was 19 - now 51. Had plenty of times in remission, recently I have commenced a serious flare, but the last serious flare was in 1999. So its not all bad. ((hugs))

Do take good care of yourself and I do hope to get to now you and the others better as I am new to the site too.

sending soft gentle hugs and lots of understanding

1 - 7 of 7 Posts