The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"ve just been told im in early stages of lupus:( my mother had S.L.E. she was in a wheelchair as she had all 5 counts of it:)

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Denise welcome to the site you will be made to feel right at home you will get some great support what age are you and how does it affect you.Have you been put on any medication if so what is it i am on palequine 200mg twice a day along with a load of other meds for diffrent problems.I have a son and daughter and 4 grandsons oldest 9 two 6yrs 10days apart then our newest is 11weeks.Hope to here from you again Best Wishes Elisabeth:) :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Denise,
I hope you have good Docs. Sorry to hear about you and Mum.
Please say if there is anything we can do.
x Lola

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Denise and an especially warm welcome from fellow Geordie.
Unfortunately I am in self imposed exile in Surrey for family reasons but there's not a day goes by when I don't wish I was back up North.
I am sorry how ill your mother was but with a bit of luck you won't be so badly affected. It doesn't always happen that relatives are affected in the same ways either. Even within recent years treatment has advanced so much. The disease is not necessarily progressive and with prompt treatment any progression can be stopped. I am rather puzzled when doctors talk about "being in the early stages" There is no way of knowing that I have ever heard of.

It is useful to get to know your own case and to get an understanding of the treatments available so you get what you need as soon as necessary. It's also a good idea to check out diagnosis to make sure you have had all the proper tests including urine.
There is a good lupus centre in Newcastle I believe.

Let us know how you get on and ask for help with anything that's bothering you - there's a wealth of information and understanding here

Bye for now ! :)

Clare

1 - 4 of 4 Posts