The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every one :) im 19 and i have had lupus for for 2 years now they was suprised to catch it so yung i get alot of joint problems im so scared that its going to get worse

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Emma.....aka:ELH :rotfl:

Nice to meet you. Are you taking medicine for your Lupus and if so what are you on?

What seem to be your most bothersome issues?

I am new to Lupus and just starting Plaquenil but I do want to say welcome.

You have found a great place with great people who are smart and supportive too.

Hope to chat with you and get to know you better.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Emma Louise! :)

I am sorry about your diagnosis and fears but I hope that the support and information you will get here will be comforting and enable you to get the best care available.

Lupus is most often diagnosed between about 20 and 40 basically from when hormones kick in and the child bearing years, but we have many young members and a good number diagnosed far younger than you. So I am surprised that your docs consider you are so young.

Lupus doesn't necessarily progress but it is important to get the best treatment as soon as possible to try to get the disease under control and maintain a good quality of life and to have regular check ups for signs of worsening disease and increased involvement. The most important checks can be done by your GP - blood counts and urine tests.

What medicines are you on ? I hope your doctors are helpful and keeping a close eye on you.

Please remember that this forum is not representative of the vast majority of lupus cases. That's because people who are living normal, problem free lives with their lupus well controlled rarely post on forums.

Bye for now
Clare

·
Inky
249 Posts
Hi Emma

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you have got lupus but very pleased you have found us here. I get joint pains too, not nice. i hope you have been given some medication to help.

Ask any questions you like, someone here will answer.

Love
Sara
x

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Emma Louise

:welcome:

I'm really sorry to hear you have lupus and hope that you're doing fine at the moment.

I'm not diagnosed but going through tests which is just a pain!
I thought at 29 I shouldn't feel like this but at 19 that's not fair.:(

You have come to such a great warm place. The people here are so fantastic and always willing to help with any questions ( I should know I've bothered them all enough in the short time I've been here:rotfl:)

Take Care and hope to speak to you soon.
Mrs M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts