The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Laura and I have got SLE, Sjogrens and fibromyalgia. As I am having a flare up I have been put on steroids today and then will go onto azathioprine in a few weeks as I was allergic to plaquenil in Nov. I thought I'd join here as I am hugely concerned about the effect this is having on my body and also on my husband and toddler. I think I might join a local group too - has anyone else??
Other than that - hello!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there and a warm welcome here :)

I'm sorry to hear what brings you here and that you are flaring for the moment. I hope that the prednisolone does the trick and helps you to get over this bad patch.

I was put on imuran just over three months ago and I have to say it has been marvellous and has gradually made a huge difference to just about everything.

This site has been marvellous for me from a support, information and advice point of view.

I, personally, haven't joined any local support groups because there aren't any around where I live :hehe: so this place has been my only source of support. It has done a very good job!

I hope you enjoy being with us,
Katharine

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome to the family! You've found a good site, it's been a helpful place for me. When I was diagnosed many years ago I had no idea what Lupus was..but was glad my Doc. finally agreed I had something! No computer back then so I did go to a group meeting in my area. Didn't work too well for me, being male and all. I was the only guy and kinda felt a bit outta place, was a bit more of a girls club. Nice people, they welcomed me in, but I felt like I was intruding. You will not have that problem, so if you find a group, give it a try! I was thrilled when I got online and found these message boards. My first place was a board at the Lupus Foundation of America site. It was a great board, but they took it down suddenly and I spent quite a bit of time trying to find another that was as helpful as the LFA boards. Was pretty happy when I found this one.

Best Wishes,
Eric

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Best of luck with the change of meds - I hope that works for you. The steroids should help very soon. Have you tried any of the NSAID medications to help with the pain? Some people find them very helpful.

I have a young toddler too, and have thought the same things as you from time to time. I do my best to put on a happy face and act as normal as possible around her, but she knows already that sometimes we just have to play in my bed. She knows she has to bring things to me, instead of me going to her, etc. On the positive side though, she has probably learned a bit of independence, and picks up well by herself, and has learned some empathy too already I think.

As with anything, there are positives and negatives to each and every experience/situation in life. I've learned to look for both...

I hope you can find a group to meet in person with, I believe they can be helpful if well run. And if not, this is a wonderful forum and the chat room provides real time "talking" and can be good for some laughs even too!

Welcome :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Laura.
my children are older than yours. I don't have a local support group but have met good friends on Lupus Boards. welcome here.

x Lola

1 - 5 of 5 Posts