TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Raven and welcome :)

Diagnosis can be a very up and down time emotionally and also a very lonely time. We struggle to deal with the enormity of our diagnosis and yet understand that it is hard to speak to others about it as they simply can't begin to understand either the disease or what we're going through.

This site is a very supportive caring place and people do understand. If you have any questions or worries we'll try and help you along the road.

Tell us a little more about yourself, bye for now,

Katharine

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Raven - welcome to this site.

I have to say that I only joined a week or two ago but it is 'nice' on here - everyone is so friendly and helpful.

I am not yet diagnosed but probably will be soon and it IS very scarey!!

Whatever questions you need to ask and whatever you are feeling - just let us know - there are many people on here who share those feelings and really understand. - You will get lots of support so you don't have to feel 'alone'

You say you don't have many friends - you will find lots on here - just keep posting.

Dea x

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi raven

hi raven
im helen just joined myself about a week ago.have been diagnosed four years.welcome to the site its good as you can learn from others on it
:)

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
hi Raven

yellowlab1313;534758 said:
I'm newly diagnosed and I don't have many friends...let me hear from you...thanks!
Welcome and you will have more friends here then you can remember names :rotfl:. I am Tammy and I live in Illinois USA glad to meet you. I hope you will join us in the chat room soon as we have a blast in there. You are not alone and I want you to know that. I hope you are feeling ok and that you find a lot of helpful information on the site.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Hello and welcome from another dog lover :) I have a Newfie currently (hoping to get a second dog this summer or thereabouts).

I am hopeful for you that the medications you'll be going on to treat the lupus will make your life a lot better than it probably has been pre-diagnosis. Many people do very well with lupus medication and some life style adjustments like more rest and avoiding sunlight.

Best of luck to you and you've come to a great place for information and support. Please let us know if any of us can help you in any way!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Raven,
You are very welcome here.

I live in the Uk, have Lupus and some other things, my Daughter 18, also has Lupus etc.

I have cats and my Daughter has a new puppy Maurice,just came to us on Friday.
x Lola

1 - 8 of 8 Posts