The Lupus Forum banner

hi, new here

513 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  JessW24 
#1 ·
hi everyone, i was told i have lupus in august last year and it seems a new problem hits me each week, hope to speak to someone soon.

chrissie

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum Chrissie :)
I am sorry about your diagnosis and continuing problems. It can take some time to find the right medicines and it is quite early days yet. It takes time too to adjust to the whole idea and make whatever adaptions are needed and possible.
Let us know how we can help you. I am sure you will find lots of understanding and support here and hopefully the information to make life with lupus easier and get the best treatment. It is very comforting to be with people who know what it's like.

Bye for now

Clare

#5 ·
Hi Chrissie and Welcome to the Forum

I will be diagnosed now for four years this coming year and I can empathise with something new cropping up every week. For the longest time I was totally fed up with coming out of my appointments with different medications each time. You will find lots of support and understanding here. What medications are you currently on?

Looking forward to getting to know you

Take care
Joan:rose:

#6 ·
i am taking, aspirin,losartin,prednisolone,omeprazole,leflunomide,metrormin,simvastatin,amatriptolene,
thyroxine,nicorandil,hydroxychloroquine, and a few others for blood pressure.
so far the site has helped me not to panic as much as i now know that i am not alone,
thanks for the reply and hope to get to know you also.

thanks again
chrissie.

#8 ·
Hey Chrissie,

Just wanted to say hi as i only joined the website today. I was diagnosed with Lupus nearly 10 years ago at the age of 17 and i didn't really know how to deal with it either. It was a very scary moment for me and my mum.

I hope that everything calms down for you soon and that you have all the help and support you need.

Jess:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.