TheLupusSite.com banner

Hi! New to the site but live with Lupus for almost 10 years!

• Sjogren's Syndrome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raynaud's Phenomenon

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.
Hope to find some friends here.:sad: I moved to the UK last year by option with my husband. My Lupus had been on its best until a few weeks ago. I started getting very sleepy, always fatigued my joints started to get a bit painful and that led me to a depression.:worried:

I Love to be here! :wink2: Its a life time dream come true for me, but left all my friends back home and still haven't found new ones.:blush:

I would love to help in what I can, Lupus is not new to me, I manage it very well until now;) for the past 10 years. I just need to find something to do with my time besides my course, make some friends, meet more people with lupus that understand what this is all about.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello anacris and welcome!

It's always great to hear from people who have been living with and dealing with lupus for a while. I'm sure you'll be able to share a lot with others and help them.

I'm sorry to hear you've been less well recently. Do you think the stress and upheaval of moving have done that to you?

Where have you moved from? I know what it's like to be in a strange country far away from family and old friends. I've been lving here in Belgium since 1990. Of course, I do now have lots of new friends!

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katharine;498510 said:
Hello anacris and welcome!

Katharine
Hello Katharine

I'm from Portugal. Yes, I know this was trigged by the stress, not of being in a strange country but of being away from my family mostly.
How long have you had lupus? And were are you from?

bye for now and thanks for welcoming me:wink2:
AnaCris

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi again,

I don't really know how long I have had lupus, probably around 9 years but I was diagnosed last year.

I'm from Ireland, my parents live in Dublin. I grew up in Scotland (the Outer Hebridees on a boat), England and Ireland - so a lot of moving.

Katharine

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
[
Dear AnaCris,

Welcome to you. You will make good friends here. I am in the UK too.
I live on the Isle of Wight, right down South.
x Lola

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear Lola

Thank you for welcoming me.:)
I've heard lots about the Isle, thats very beautiful.
I live in Essex, in Westcliff-on-sea it is simply a very lovely and peaceful place. :rolleyes:

xx AnaCris

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hello anacris

A big warm welcome to you :)

sorry to hear you lupus is misbehaving!what medications are you on?I hope it settles down soon for you.

It is so rewarding to meet others who have lupus,it helps to know you are not alone & you are not losing your mind :lol: I had never met anyone with lupus until I joined this forum & it has been a blessing :)
I have had lupus for nearly 15 years now although wrongly diagnosed until a year & a half ago,so I'm still learning now!

I am glad to hear you are settling here in the uk...I admire your courage starting a new life in another country,it must be very hard.....you have made a good start though by attending a course & trying to make friends..I love my hubby & children however I don''t know what I would do without my friends.I am also on a course & I am enjoying it so much,it has gave me my confidence back & it's great doing something for myself!

anyway sorry to ramble on a bit :eek: it's lovely to meet you
take care & bye for now
karen x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello Karen

My Lupus has been misbehaving,but it is getting back on track, I hope! I have been feeling a little bit calmer. I take Plaquenil 400mg a day, naproxen 500mg a day and 10mg of corticosteroids.

You can ramble all you like :lol: it's great to find somebody to talk to.
as you say this forum is a blessing!

My course is a home learning course so I don't get to meet many people, but I am enjoying it very much.

As you say it did take a bit of courage to move here :wink2: , but it was a very old dream I had and my husband made it possible.

You see I was raised up in Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) and when my parents decided to go back to Portugal in 1979; I was heart broken :sad: When in 2005 we got a chance to come here for Christmas, I told my husband i would love to move here. And he said I was crazy :rotfl: but here we are!

See i ramble a bit my self :blush: it's great to meet you to
bye for now keep in touch

:flowery: AnaCris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts