The Lupus Forum banner

Hi there, diagnosed!

705 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  lisylou 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I am not completely new here, but I only posted for a short while.

I have recently been diagnosed with undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease. I am on plaquenil and the rheumy is treating me for lupus, even though she doesn't want to name it as such yet. My blood results were ANA positive, RF positive and one other I can't remember the name of positive!
They have ruled out RA, following x rays and bone scans, but with all my other symptoms she is almost positive it is Lupus.

I just wish I didn't feel so tired all the time, it really get's me down. I have two little ones, my son is 4 and my daughter is 3, and I just want to run around with them and I can't due to the pain in my joints:worried:

I just hope I get more results from the plaquenil, as all they have done so far is made me feel sick!

Anyway, sorry to arrive and moan!!

Love Lisa
xxx

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for all the advice Joan, I really appreciate it! I love the bedroom idea, I will try that!

I don't know if anyone else has the same problem as me, but I feel like those who are close to me, and love me, don't seem to get how tired I actually feel?

It is like they are kinda suggesting I am lazy and need to do more......my hubby get's cross on times cos I have fallen asleep in the day. I don't mean that he or any of the others in my family aren't wonderful, they are most of the time, it is just difficult to get them to fully understand what I am feeling.

I am also struggling to come to terms with the fact that this isn't a temporary thing and I have it for the rest of my life:sad:

Oh well, as I said thanks again for all the support, hope to chat again soon.

Love Lisa

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thank you!!

I just want to thank you for all your kind words, I really don't know what I would do without my online friends! I have a message board for ladies and the support I receive from them and now you is amazing!

I am feeling pretty good at the moment, other than the fatigue, but the joints are pretty good, so I am just enjoying a peaceful time

Thanks again

Lisa
xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.