TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I am 39 and have a APLS diagnosis however it is now believed that I have SLE. I am a mature student nurse nearing the end of my course. I hope some of you have some good advice on combating fatigue as I could really use some help. Also I find my medication gives me chronic indigestion ( dont know which is worse the limb pain or the indigestion). hope to hear from you all soon.
Regards :sad:

·
Registered
368 Posts
:pixiedust:Welcome kimberly! I don't know what to tell you about the fatigue, that's one of my major problems! I'm an RN , it's a great job, but not easy when you have lupus. I wish you well! This is a great site! You will meet some wonderful advice and meet some great people! Please join us in chat. Cathy

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kimberley

I'm sorry about your diagnosis. The intense fatigue is what people complain of most, even more than joint aches & pains, and is something of a medical mystery. There may be a non lupus cause such as anemias, thyroid problems or diabetes or poor quality sleep as found in fibromyalgia. Many people find that when the disease is well controlled their fatigue lessens considerably.
Otherwise I fear that rest and strict prioritisation and focusing on the essentials are the best way of dealing with it. This is very difficult when there's a home to be run while studying or working.

Some people take medicines to give them more energy but I forget what they are called. Anyway this can backfire because it is just masking a symptom and the artificial stimulus could mean extra taxing of a sick body and overall worsening of disease activity.

What medicines are you on and how long have you been taking them, and which is causing the nausea ? If you have not been medicated for long it might be that you would find a bit of Prednisone comes in handy.

I hope you'll find the forum very useful in every way. Let us know if you find it hard to manage : if you aren't used to it it can be tricky :) at first.

Bye for now
Clare

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi KImberley and welcome to the site and yes there are some great people on here And the tierd feeling sometimes i feel as tierd getting up in the morning as i do going to bed at night.But keep in touch with the site and you will get the support we all need at diffirent times Elisabeth:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts