TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone,
My name is Fi, I have`nt actualy been diagnosed yet but am going through the process, I have had a blood test a couple of weeks ago and had a biopsy taken today. I asked what it was they were looking for and was told Lupus what shape or form I have is still to be decided!!!!!!!
I came home from the hospital and googled Lupus and found this site, after looking through the symptoms of Lupus things actualy seemed clearer to me the fact that I had been going to see the doctor for so long and telling him my symptoms, tiredness, and being unable to sleep, forgetting things even at one point my friends name, aching joints and muscle pain, then being given medication which never seemed to work usualy antidepressants and then I stopped going as I was begining to think my doctor thought I was a hypochondriac.:sad: The last time I went to see him I had a mysteriously and unbeleivably itchy rash on my scalp which is still there and spreading to other parts of my body.
But after spending about 3 hours navigating through this site I do beleive that I have Lupus and reading threads from people here I actualy feel so much better already, :) I really thought I was going mad, I will have my diagnosis in about 2 weeks and wiill let you know how I get on.
Well thanks for allowing me to waffle on.
Fi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Fi,
Sorry to hear that you might have lupus but this is best site to help you through it. Theres a load of info on here so make sure you're well clued up about lupus before you go back for your test results so you know what questions to ask if you do have lupus.
I was only diagnosed a few weeks ago after being ill for many months and it can be a very scary time but it was also such a relief to know that it wasnt all in my head, because thats how we are made to feel sometimes.
Let us know how it goes at your next appointment and i shall be keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Goldie x

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Hi Fi,

Welcome to the Lupus Site. I am glad you are on the road to a diagnosis after so long. As you may have already figured out it often takes years for some people to get diagnosed. I am concerned that you may have your hopes up to high for your appointment in 2 weeks. Often times the first blood tests taken are ones that are used in "screening" for lupus and when they come back positive more blood tests are ordered. A positive biopsy will obviously clinch a diagnosis but it can be negative and you can still have lupus. Has your GP referred you to a Rheumatologist yet? If he hasn't insist on a referall even if the initial tests come back negative. Hopefully these initial tests will give you a clear diagnosis so that treatment can begin. Please feel free to ask questions.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
46 Posts
welcome

Hi Fi,

Welcome to a truly great and informative site. You will really find it usefull. Everyone is so friendly and can help you with loads of helpfull hints.

Best of luck in getting the correct diagnose which you will get with perserverance.

Take care

Primrose:pixiedust:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there and thanks to all who have replied to my first post,
In answer to your question Karen I havent been referred to a rheumatoligist, my initial referral was to the dermatologist as my symptoms are at this time an incredibly itchy scalp with lots of little lumps and bumps under the skin though it has begun to move to other parts of my body, it was the doctor in the dermatology dept that suggested it may be Lupus, I dont think it will be going to anyone else untill they have finished with me, but its a start.
Has anyone else out there had similar symptoms to this ??????
Thanks Fi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts