TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the web site. I was just dx with lupus although I have known I have had it for almost 10 years, there are somethings you just know. My ANA has been up and down for the last 10 years as high as 1:620 and even higher which was just about 3 months ago 1:1280. I am a mother of 3 grown kids two girls and one boy, I have 5 granddaughters and a very loving husband of 35 years. And I am glad to meet all of you.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi 1windsong :hello: :wavesmile: :hello:

First of all :welcome: to the lupus site. I am Jo, i live in Yorkshire (UK), i am 32 and was dx with lupus may 2004.

I am sorry to hear that you have been dx with lupus, but like you said you knew you had it. Getting a dx doesn't change how you feel health wise but it does help with the treatment for it.

Its nice to hear that you have a loving husband because having an illness such as lupus it does really help having someone there that loves you, cares for you and just be there for you. I am also lucky to have a loving & very caring husband of 8 years (got a few more years till we catch you up).

Although i have a great husband (Martin) it really helps been part of this group, members here who also have lupus do really know what we are going thru, people can say that they understand what we are going thru but until you have experienced it they don't and can't understand.

I hope you manage to make some good friends here and find this site helpful and useful.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Windsong,

It is nice to meet you, welcome to the lupus board.
This board is full of information on lupus. The members are very helpful and caring.

You can post a question, do a search or go in the chat room and talk one on one to the members. (chat room is right between Calendar and New Posts)

When I was first diagnosed with lupus it was a roller coaster ride of emotions.

It sounds like you have a great support system with you family.
I have been married for 33 years and my hubsand is very supportive.

If you want to chat you can private message or maybe we will meet in the chat room.

Take care,

Lyn

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum windsong! :)

I am glad you have got some answers after being unwell for so long - with ANA's that high it's suprising you weren't diagnosed sooner. I hope you have caring and knowledgable doctors and will soon find the medicines that will have you feeling much better before long.

I was diagnosed over three decades ago and luckily my lupus never spread but it took many years before the right treatment expertise was available and I was in the position to access it. I got my lucky break through a forum contact which is why I am so keen on online support activities.
I have been married nearly 42 years and no I wasn't a child bride.:lol:
We have two adult children and a precious 8 yr old grand-daughter, the light of my life.

I hope you will find the forum a great help in every way to living well with lupus.

Bye for now :)

Clare

·
Registered
71 Posts
hello windsong, what a great name. and welcome to tthis site. it is great. i have had lupus for 25 yrs. now. this site has been a great help to me and i know you will find it so to. feel free to pm me anytime. hope to see you in chat. sue from Illinois.:)

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Wingsong

Welcome to the site i have been married for 35yrs have son daughter 4 grandsons one is 9 then the second two are6 there is 10days between them it is TJ he is 11weeks you will be made to feel right at home on this site if you have a problem you will allways get a response from some one hope to here from you again Elisabeth:)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Welcome wingsong, glad you found this site and hope it helps you as much as it as me

take care Lin xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts