The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Kirsty and i'm 22years old and new to this site but not that new to having lupus( Diagnosed november 2006). Having abit of a down day and its hard when your at university away from home and no one understands you! I also have put on nearly 2 stone of weight over depression and flare ups. Though i have to say other then the usualy fatgue and urine infections and dizziness and itchy head i'm good. Also on a chocolate ban for lupus uk charity for 3months! :O
Anyhoo just looking for someone to chat to if anyones about :).

( also dyslexic so exscuse my poor grammer and spelling heh)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hiya Kirsty and welcome!!

Don't worry about spelling, no-one cares about that here.

It's great to hear that you are at uni and somehow managing to get thorugh your courses. A great encouragement to many I'm sure.

There are loads of wonderful people here on this site for support and advice and a great chat room too. It's sometimes empty but often if you go in and hang around a bit someone comes along to join you. The busiest times are in the evenings UK time and the early mornings.

I hope you enjoy being here with us,
Katharine

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Kirsty,
You look very pretty and definitely do not have a chubby face, sorry to hear about the depression. It can be a real slog when you feel down.

Looking forward to hearing more about you.
Don't worry about spelling, sometimes my fingers are no good and I write drivel!!
x Lola

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hello Kirsty,

A Very Big WELCOME to you.... It must be very difficult to be away from home when you are not well and trying to study....
This is a great site to come to, people understand what you are going through... And are her to support you...
Keep checking the the chat room... there is people in and out , you can then talk to someone one on one...
I hope you start feeling better and some of us have cheered you up a bit... Here is a big (((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))) and a :) for you...

Love Penny

·
Administrator
10,178 Posts
Hi Kirsty,

Welcome.

You must have some willpower not to eat chocolate for 3 months. I tried it at the end of my first pregnancy and just about went crazy. I hope you make it to the end.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts