TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to have a moan been back to drs today as really not well have borrowed a crutch off a friend as i'm really finding it a struggle today had to go to a meeting at my daughters school and was standing up my legs really started aching and when I came to move I thought everything had ceased up my body was really stiff has anyone had this before??? also had really bad headache all day and really tired!!!

sorry to be moaning!! My GP has given me some anti-inflams and pain killers which are not really doing much?

Hope you are all ok?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome Beci,

You go ahead and moan all you want. Living in pain is no fun! Everyone can empathsioze with you here

Are you being tested for Lupus or eing referred to a rheumatologist? While Lupus is not a great thing to have, there is some comfort in being diagnosed. At least we know what we are dealng with.

Nutty

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nutty;513686 said:
Welcome Beci,

You go ahead and moan all you want. Living in pain is no fun! Everyone can empathsioze with you here

Are you being tested for Lupus or eing referred to a rheumatologist? While Lupus is not a great thing to have, there is some comfort in being diagnosed. At least we know what we are dealng with.

Nutty
Hi There,

I have had the tests for lupus Immunologist said I have all the "clinical"?? signs of Lupus just waiting for blood results to come back but they have also mentioned having Fibro aswell????? Like you say though its better to know what your dealing with than not knowing! My GP has put me on Prednisolone?
Everyone on here is so helpful.
Thank you for replying :)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Beci,

I hope the Pred helps you soon :hug: it should clam down any inflammation pretty soon.

I think many of us can identify with what you describe. I usually get myself moving gradually throughout the day, but honestly the other day it was a real struggle all day. We often say we are 30yr olds trapped in a 90 yr old body ;) Well let's face it I'm way past 30 but you get my drift!

love
Lily

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Beci,
If youi know a good Physio or Nurse just get them to check that the crutch is properly adjusted for you. It does make a difference.
Take Care,
Lola x

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:)Hi Beci, I am sorry to hear that you are in pain, but
I can really identify with you. I am not like that all
the time, but when I have to stand for any more than
five minutes in one spot, and not be able to walk around,
then when I finally can leave, the pain is like a knife in my
legs. Think of standing in a long line at a check-out lane
at WalMart on a sale day. It is terrible. Keep pushing
for a referral to see a Rheumatologist, and keep writing down any new symptoms. Keep in touch and be well.:wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts