The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im Feebie, i was diagnosed about 6 months ago and im not really sure how to deal with it, i know its not life threatening or anything but the itching and the scarring is driving me nuts, any advice????

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Feebie and welcome to the forum!!

Learning how to deal with a chronic illness is not that easy and you have come to the right place for advice and support. It takes a while for things to sink in and also a while to find adequate treatment that makes a big difference to your everyday life.

What type of lupus do you have? You mention itching and scarring? Do you have any other symptoms?

Sorry for so many questions but it's easier to help a little if we know a little more about you :)

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Feebie, :wavesmile:

Welcome to the boards! I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis but you have come to the right place for information and support. There is always someone who can relate to what you are going through or offer a friendly word.

Being told you have lupus is scary and it can feel like you are dealing with the unknown. I know how I felt when I was diagnosed in June 2006. Do you have discoid lupus? There are alot of preparations to help the itching. Are you under the care of a Dermatologist?

I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Dear Feebie

I want to welcome you to the lupus sight and let you know as other have already said that this is a wonderful place to come for support and advice.I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis but at the same time say good for you because now that they know what it is they can get you on the road to feeling better.There are so many wonderful people on here to answer your questions.I am wondering what type of lupus it is that you have.Hope you find this to be a very helpful place to come.

Tammy

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hello Feebie, and a very warm welcome to this great site. At the front of this site, you will find pages and pages of facts and info. that will help yyou greatly. It's best to arm yourself with all the info. that you can, as knowledge is power.Everyone here is here to help and support everyone else. And there is no question that you cannot ask on this board. Tell us a little more about yourself, so that we can get to know you and help you. What kind of Dr. are you seeing, what kind of Lupus do you have what are all your symptoms. We are not nosey, (yes
we are) we would just like to get to know you and maybe be able to help. Glad to have you here.:hehe: :rotfl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.