The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am Whisper, I have been suffering with marks on my face for ages now, been to countless doctors, nothing worked, suddenly out of the blue ended up in hospital with "bacterial, viral" pneumonia in April and have been constantly ill, on and off with the flu every 4 days, swollen and infected lymph nodes since then, as well as a ton of other things.
Went to the doc yesterday and she thinks it is Lupus, referred me to a dermatologist, which I am seeing next week for a Biopsy and tests.

Nice to meet you all. It is wonderful to see that such great support sites exist.

W

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Whisper

I want to welcome you to the sight and tell you that i think you will like it hear.There is so much wonderful caring support from everyone in here and lots of wonderful imformation also in here.I sure hope you find it to be very imformative in here.
I would think your doctor would send you to a rhuemetoligist for labs but i am sure the dermy will be of help to figure out wether it is lupus or something else.It is a hard disease to figure out what it is because it mimics other diseases to.If you have any questions just post them and someone will try to help you some.Look forward to getting to know you.Please let us know how your appointment goes.

Tammy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Whisper and welcome :) I love your screen name by the way - don't ask me why, just a nice word!

I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time lately but glad that your docs seem to be taking it seriously and hopefully answers are not too far off.

I hope that you find this site as good as I and many others have for advice and support.

Look forward to getting to know you better,
hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Welcome whisper, I hope that you will find comfort, good advice, and even better friends here. I myself have not been here long but I find like you with is a wonderful site that brings hope to people that felt like they were alone.
onetay

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Whisper, Welcome here. I hope the Docs. can soon get your symptoms under control. This is a hard time for you.
x Lola

1 - 6 of 6 Posts